300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Spike Replacement

I'm a student at Colonie High School, and I'm in a class called Engineering Design and Development. For my group's project this year, we have to make a device that resolves most or all of the problems that come from standard road spikes. We need to figure out the specifications that such a device would require, so we can begin designing a product with these specifications in mind. While newer devices that are better than the standard spike strip exist, none of them are perfect. As the stakeholders of this kind of equipment (police officers), what kinds of features would you all want in a "perfect" device that stops speeding and/or criminal vehicles during a chase? Any and all replies would be appreciated.

Originally posted by DaFishy96 View Post
    I'm a student at Colonie High School, and I'm in a class called Engineering Design and Development. For my group's project this year, we have to make a device that resolves most or all of the problems that come from standard road spikes. We need to figure out the specifications that such a device would require, so we can begin designing a product with these specifications in mind. While newer devices that are better than the standard spike strip exist, none of them are perfect. As the stakeholders of this kind of equipment (police officers), what kinds of features would you all want in a "perfect" device that stops speeding and/or criminal vehicles during a chase? Any and all replies would be appreciated.
    The only thing that would improve the current system is one that would deploy itself. Too many officers are injured/killed while placing the strips in front of the cars we wish to stop.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
      The only thing that would improve the current system is one that would deploy itself. Too many officers are injured/killed while placing the strips in front of the cars we wish to stop.
      That right there!
      Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3214 users online. 169 members and 3045 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X