300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campaign Contribution

I'm currently on the waiting list for the local SD. As officers retire, the Sheriff selects new hires from the list until it is exhausted.

The current Sheriff has reached his term limit, and will therefore be leaving the department. His deputy is running for the position, and as I think he would do a fantastic job, I'd like to make a campaign contribution.

To be clear, I'm not trying to curry favor with my future boss. If anything, I'm more worried that I will end up waiting longer to be hired due to an effort on his part to avoid any perceived favoritism/bribery. Do you think this is a possibility?

Thanks in advance for taking a question from yet another wannabe. This forum has been an invaluable resource.

Originally posted by CA View Post
    I'm currently on the waiting list for the local SD. As officers retire, the Sheriff selects new hires from the list until it is exhausted.

The current Sheriff has reached his term limit, and will therefore be leaving the department. His deputy is running for the position, and as I think he would do a fantastic job, I'd like to make a campaign contribution.

To be clear, I'm not trying to curry favor with my future boss. If anything, I'm more worried that I will end up waiting longer to be hired due to an effort on his part to avoid any perceived favoritism/bribery. Do you think this is a possibility?

Thanks in advance for taking a question from yet another wannabe. This forum has been an invaluable resource.

Quite honestly-----------------I would pass on a contribution if I was in the hiring process.

As a side note------------during a campaign a few years ago one of the deputies got the nick name "Captain Cash" after he was promoted shortly after the new sheriff was elected. 4 yrs later he became "Major Money".

I'll bet you will never guess how those nicknames were derived.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

If you really think he'll do a good job and want to donate regardless of whether or not you get hired, think about donating through your spouse, a friend, or anonymously. Do it so he doesn't know it was you. You still get your desired effect but you avoid the hassle of worrying about appearances.

Comment

Donate. It is hard to say that hiring and promotions have never involved quid pro quo actions like campaign donations. I know of a certain Sheriff who only hands out CCWs to campaign donors.... It happens. If your prospective employer is above the board it won't be an issue.
        semper destravit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6314 users online. 364 members and 5950 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X