300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specific Question

I will try to keep it vague, but have the pertinent facts.

The detective is currently conducting his investigation and from what I have been told is checking with my past employers. The employer in which I am nervous about is when I worked for my older sibling's spouse while I was in high school.

While employed by them I was in a verbal dispute with my sibling. During the dispute I used a curse word as an adjective and not in anyway did I degrade my sibling, but nonetheless I was wrong with using such wording. This dispute occurred over the phone. The next day while at work my sibling's spouse threatened me with violence if I ever curse at my sibling again.

Throughout the few months preceding the incident there had been rising tensions between my self and my sibling. My care was diminishing in my work (me failing). They were pulling stunts like withholding half of my pay because I needed to save it and putting it away in an "account" that I couldn't touch at the cost of me being unable to pay bills. So the incident over the phone was the breaking point for all parties involved.

Immediately after the threats were issued I left the company never to return. We have never spoke about the incident and let time wash our memories away. When I was asked by the detective why I left so suddenly and unprofessionally I gave a synopsis of aforementioned incident. I am afraid my sibling's spouse will deny or make the incident look as if they were the ones in the right and I was the scumbag. Whereas we both were wrong in different aspects. Yes I am questioning the spouse's integrity.

With this possible difference of accounts will this hurt me significantly? If needed to be pushed witnesses were present that have the same account as I. I really hope this does not do anything to damage my relationship with my sibling since I am closer to them than anyone else in my family. I am in a very tight situation.

One of my current coworkers was one of my supervisors from a different company. He informed me he had a conversation with the detective that was in his words "quite extensive, but went well." I did not ask him what was asked because I have done my part and its all up to the detective now. With that being said I have no doubt this previously mentioned incident will be brought up.
    Last edited by jtay; 09-23-2014, 11:15 PM.

Specific Question

I understand this can be a very broad question whereas those who answer are NOT the detective assigned to my background. This type of incident will also be treated subjectively to a small degree based off the detectives overall opinion of my background. I also have faith in the detective that he will be able to sift through the information and not disregard me entirely. I am also trying to keep faith that the spouse will agree with the information disclosed. I am looking for insight into the minds of sworn officers. Asking for opinions etcetera. I am not looking for "what a jerk, you will be fine" or the "wow you were treated terribly." Yes I do understand I will eventually find out if it is that much of a worry or not for I will find out within 5 weeks if I have passed this stage. My reasoning for this post is get your opinions because if I receive the dreaded fail letter I will never know why I did. I have owned up to my mistakes and learn from them, but have yet to experience the inner workings of the Law Enforcement Community. Essentially I am serving my self up on a platter and asking all of you how crappy does it taste?

Comment

Just depends on the department. If you don't have any other red flags, it will most likely get thrown on the back burner.

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply. No matter what happens I will continually try to get into Law Enforcement specifically PD, but this department is my all time number one choice.

Comment

You want to be a LEO after using a "curse" word?
          Retired

Comment

Lol yeah... Curse words are not the issue. Whether or not my integrity is questioned because others won't be upfront is my worry.

Comment

Specific Question

Originally posted by retired View Post

You're in rare form today Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by retired View Post
                Despite what you see on tv and in the movies, police officers never drink or swear. Its unprofessional and.......

wow, couldn't even finish that sentence from laughing so hard.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4907 users online. 295 members and 4612 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X