300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• verbal disagreement

Last edited by jkelly89; 09-21-2014, 02:48 PM.

We classify it as an incident as opposed to a criminal report.

Comment

Deleted post
      Last edited by jkelly89; 09-21-2014, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jkelly89 View Post
        on my background packet it states were u ever involved in any domestic disputes,, a couple questions later it says were u ever questioned by police even if you weren't charged with a crime...
        Then you need to answer the questions , as asked
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Deleted post
          Last edited by jkelly89; 09-21-2014, 03:04 PM.

Comment

on my background packet it states were u ever involved in any domestic disputes,, a couple questions later it says were u ever questioned by police even if you weren't charged with a crime...

i understand that sir.. im saying that i called the department that responded and they said it was wrote as a verbal disagreement with girl.. now on my packet do i list it under domestic dispute and explain or do i list it under if i was questioned by police
            No you are NOT understanding

The questions , AS ASKED are
            #1 WERE YOU INVOLVED IN A DOMESTIC DISPUTE--------------

That question does NOT ask if the dispute was "written up" as a verbal disagreement. It asks if YOU WERE INVOLVED IN A DOMESTIC DISPUTE --------So Were you?

The SECOND QUESTIONS was

WERE YOU QUESTIONED BY THE POLICE ( I would assume that means in connection with a domestic dispute)

My guess would be if the agency "wrote it up" as a verbal disagreement--------------the police were called to your DOMESTIC DISPUTE and questioned you.

Like I stated-------------------answer the questions as they were asked
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Last edited by jkelly89; 10-03-2014, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Deleted post
                Last edited by jkelly89; 09-21-2014, 03:18 PM.

Comment

so a verbal dispute or disagreement is a domestic dispute your saying

Not every time

Read the dictionary definition of DISPUTE.

If you had a dispute which was simply verbal with someone you were in a domestic relationship to

You could have had a DOMESTIC DISPUTE with them

Comment

so a verbal dispute or disagreement is a domestic dispute your saying
                    When I was working it did not generate a report, just a simple log entry.
                    Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired View Post
                      When I was working it did not generate a report, just a simple log entry.
                      Yea me too..................................if that

Comment

If the police were called, consider it a domestic dispute. It's not against the law to argue or even argue loudly. But a pattern of such incidents where police are called might suggest you have a short temper or are a bad judge of character when it comes to your dating life.

If it was just a one time thing, just answer the questions and don't worry about it. The dept you're applying to will get the report and read for themselves.

Comment

The question seems simple enough, and YES, it has been answered. Go back through each reply which has been given you. There's not a bad one in the bunch. Apply some common sense and some deductive reasoning as you answer the question(s). If you're unable to do that, then I'm not certain we can use you.

Should that be the case, you have essentially two career choices. Politics or a self anointed, self appointed "Conservator of the Peace". Common sense is required for neither option.

Comment

To add to the excellent advice already given, I would recommend you contact the agency which responded to your argument/dispute and request a copy of the report. It may read rather simply that you were having an argument, which is likely not a big deal if it was an isolated incident. OR, it may read that this was a heated argument, and your former significant other may have stated to the officers that he/she feared for his/her safety.

Once you have the report, pretend you are in charge of hiring a new officer and have hundreds of applications to get through. You'll get a 'gut' feeling one way or another as to whether you have a shot.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4323 users online. 248 members and 4075 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X