300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you pull this car over?

I wish I'd been able to get a picture, but my iPhone was being a jerk, so you have to visualize.

I was off duty in my personal vehicle when I see a 2010 Mazda Tribute. No dents or dings, it was well maintained. All working lights. Valid tag. Driver was using turn signals to change lanes, following all traffic laws, etc. The driver was probably about 38-42, female, clean and neat, not texting, not doing makeup, nothing. By all accounts, this was just a woman driving down the road doing nothing wrong.

EXCEPT...

In the back seat, strapped in with a seat belt -- was a skeleton.

My first thought was that she was a school teacher heading to school, maybe a biology teacher or something. Then again, it is getting semi-close to Halloween. At any rate, it had the color striations that appeared to resemble true bone. I really didn't think much about it past that, just telling myself it was a prop.

But after I got to my destination I started thinking - this is a messed up world. Exactly can I know that its not the skeletal remains of her missing husband, that she just rides around with in the car because she misses his company?

I really wouldn't have only pulled her over to get a picture of it - because it was just slightly bizarre (especially the "buckled in" part.)
    Last edited by Shush; 09-12-2014, 03:56 PM. Reason: edited to change would to wouldn't.... should have proofread!

She buckled it in, what more do you want?

Comment

I wonder if she would qualify to drive in the carpool lane?
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I don't think so….
        Last edited by sanitizer; 09-14-2014, 05:09 PM.

Comment

No. It is a huuuuuge stretch to say that a skeleton in the back seat could have been real human remains, especially saying that the coloration was so close to real bones. No court, anywhere, would uphold the stop.
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Yeah, I think I'd have passed on that one.
            I miss you, Dave.
            http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Give her a break would ya? She probably needed the closet space.

Comment

A "human remains" skeleton would not sit up in a car.................unless it had been wired together.

Bones are held together (in real life) by muscles and ligaments (LIVING TISSUE)-----
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

She probably had just stolen it from the med school at the university.

Or... she just wanted to play head games with the coppers.
                  Officer Jay McGuire, Minneapolis Park Police EOW 5/14/2009 age 11
                  Among Texas' finest
                  Deputy Andy Taylor, Llano County SO EOW 5/9/2005
                  Senior Deputy Jessica Laura Hollis, Travis County SO EOW 9/18/2014
                  Darren H. Goforth, Harris County SO EOW 8/28/2015

Comment

were there rods and wires holding the bones in place??? If you have EVER seen a Skelton in biology or anatomy they have such and tubes to resemble cartilage. if the skeleton was up right, nope its a prop or teacher. Just a thought
                    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Around here I would just assume that they got tied up in road construction and someone had passed away of old age.
                      In God We Trust
                      Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

This would fall under the same category as the people who have the fake feet or arms sticking out from the trunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Amigo1342 View Post
                          This would fall under the same category as the people who have the fake feet or arms sticking out from the trunk.
                          I'm always tempted to pull them over and pretend I think they're legit.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                            A "human remains" skeleton would not sit up in a car.................unless it had been wired together.

Bones are held together (in real life) by muscles and ligaments (LIVING TISSUE)-----
                            Originally posted by moparfan View Post
                            were there rods and wires holding the bones in place??? If you have EVER seen a Skelton in biology or anatomy they have such and tubes to resemble cartilage. if the skeleton was up right, nope its a prop or teacher. Just a thought

Comment

Boy traffic must have been really bad that day. Poor guy passed away and rotted before getting to his destination.
                              Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3131 users online. 174 members and 2957 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X