300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Networking

I'm two months from leaving my career in the military and I am going to pursue a career in law enforcement. If there is anything I have learned so far, it's that networking in this field is extremely difficult. I'm on LinkedIn and I have began to make small talk with Officers around my city, attended job fairs, but you know more than I do, your community is a bit reluctant to becoming friends with people.

Last night I was at a Shell station and a city LEO pulled up beside me. I looked over at his MDC and saw that his desktop wallpaper was Patrick from Spongebob. As we were both getting out of our cars I asked him what was up with that, and we talked for a few minutes, but he went from completely friendly to neutral once I mentioned that I was working on my application.

Any advice?
    Last edited by RClar93; 09-11-2014, 01:36 PM.
    Prospective.

I've seen some guys get turned off by applicants, just because they are fearful of the squirrely type.
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Ah I guess I could see that being a fear, lol.

When I first registered here in 2010 when I was 17 I was a bit overly motivated but over the years I've somewhat relaxed on all of it. I just want the job, I'll start getting a little excited through the Academy and as I get on the road. For now, though, I just want the job lol.

I guess the only way to really make contact with anyone is to apply. There goes my strategy haha.
      Prospective.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2693 users online. 150 members and 2543 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X