Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if I get reported for my driving?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens if I get reported for my driving?

I was turning right into an intersection on a red light. I thought there weren't any cars coming my way and I thought I could go and make my right turn. What I didn't know was that cars on the other side of the intersection had the right of way to turn left...so I was making my right turn and I almost caused another car to hit my car. I admit, I was acting REALLY stupid and I'm pretty sure the driver that almost hit me has reported me. Now I'm just really torn about this whole incident and I am afraid that the other driver will call the police and say I was drunk (which I wasn't, I was driving home from school) and I may have to go to court.

Is there a way I can just turn myself in, and explain that I wasn't intoxicated in any way and it was just a dumb mistake that I made?

Originally posted by fanofsourcefed View Post
    I was turning right into an intersection on a red light. I thought there weren't any cars coming my way and I thought I could go and make my right turn. What I didn't know was that cars on the other side of the intersection had the right of way to turn left...so I was making my right turn and I almost caused another car to hit my car. I admit, I was acting REALLY stupid and I'm pretty sure the driver that almost hit me has reported me. Now I'm just really torn about this whole incident and I am afraid that the other driver will call the police and say I was drunk (which I wasn't, I was driving home from school) and I may have to go to court.

Is there a way I can just turn myself in, and explain that I wasn't intoxicated in any way and it was just a dumb mistake that I made?
    Yes, turn yourself in to Animal Control and let them decide your fate.
    Retired

Comment

Thanks for that

Comment

Really? REALLY???

Comment

Ummm, just get on with your life.

Comment

Even now, traffic investigators are closing in on your position. Wait! Did you hear that?

They're outside your window right now.

Comment

Dude, you're done. You will never be a cop, and I mean NEVER. Good job

PS

Relax it's not the end of the world, just your LE career jk sorry force of habit. You're fine and don't call them up with this story or you will be eliminated from the pool (after they make fun of you)
              MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Since all the joking has already been done ( thanks for not leaving me anything guys) I will give you an honest answer. Nothing is going to happen. The officers would have been given a lookout, looked for your car, then, depending on the area, either stop you to see what was going on or follow and see if you committed any offenses to see if you needed to be stopped. Honestly, no one really cares at this point. Even if they DID call you in (not all that likely), no one is going to mail you a ticket, come to your house, or anything like that. The person probably has forgotten about it, and the officers on duty definitely have.
                Originally posted by Ceridwen
                Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Here's how it goes for my department:

1) Concerned motorist calls 911 and reports reckless driver.
                  2) Dispatch advises all officers on that district via broadcast of vehicle description, last known location, and direction of travel.
                  3) If the caller is no longer following the person and no officer just happens to see it right then, that's the end.
                  4) If the caller is following and the person continues to drive erratically or may be impaired, specific officers will be dispatched.
                  5) In #4 occurs and officers locate, the investigation takes place then. If they do not locate, the call is closed GOA (Gone On Arrival) and nothing else happens.
                  I miss you, Dave.
                  http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
                    Here's how it goes for my department:

1) Concerned motorist calls 911 and reports reckless driver.
                    2) Dispatch advises all officers on that district via broadcast of vehicle description, last known location, and direction of travel.
                    3) If the caller is no longer following the person and no officer just happens to see it right then, that's the end.
                    4) If the caller is following and the person continues to drive erratically or may be impaired, specific officers will be dispatched.
                    5) In #4 occurs and officers locate, the investigation takes place then. If they do not locate, the call is closed GOA (Gone On Arrival) and nothing else happens.
                    Pretty much the same here
                    Originally posted by Ceridwen
                    Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
                      Ummm, just get on with your life.
                      Consider yourself fortunate, no collision, no traffic citation and no road rage.
                      Become a more attentive driver and as justjoe wrote “just get on with your life”

Comment

Where I am, an 'almost accident' is just that, an 'almost' accident. We would have (maybe) gotten a BOLO and looked for you, maybe pulled you over to make sure everything was ok, and that would have been that (pending outcome of the 'is everything ok).

Don't hyperventilate. You're fine.

Comment

Again common sense has left some people!!!! Dude turn off your cell phone and stop posting Santa Rosa PD is tracking your post bro, They will find and cite you. Your done.
                          I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Errant driver makes dumb move.

Offended driver calls 911.

BOL broadcast.

Nearest deputy is 10 miles away.

Nearest CHP is at the jail booking a DUI.

Nearest PD is three miles away, but they are all on a stabbing.

All units hearing the BOL roll their eyes and wish dispatch didn't waste time with this ****.
                            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Here if the reporting driver wasn't willing to sign the complaint at WORST a deputy or trooper might find you after the BOLO, follow you to determine if you were driving recklessly or in a manner that might indicate DUI... and if so pull you over. If the reporting driver WAS willing to sign the trooper or deputy would have to find you, the RP would have to drive to the stop, fill out paperwork, etc.

They next morning or days later? No chance. No way to prove you WERE drunk even if you were, no way to prove it was even you in the car... and it's a minor traffic infraction. Not even worth the time if they COULD find you.
                              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5013 users online. 270 members and 4743 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X