300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certifications/EMT

I am in middle of the background investigation stage of the hiring process and was wondering if some of my other certificates would help with being chosen. My certs are:

Advanced EMT
    Rope Rescue Certified
    State Certified Rope Rescue Instructor
    State Certified EMS Instructor
    Haz-Mat Technician
    Industrial Firefighter endorsement

None of them will mean a thing in the background process unless you are applying for a job that includes those exact disciplines.

Most police jobs do not.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

They won't have any impact on your BI and, in all probability, will not mean anything in the hiring process. Use the search function for "EMT." This topic has been discussed a number of times.

Comment

Originally posted by jtay View Post
        I am in middle of the background investigation stage of the hiring process and was wondering if some of my other certificates would help with being chosen. My certs are:

Advanced EMT
        Rope Rescue Certified
        State Certified Rope Rescue Instructor
        State Certified EMS Instructor
        Haz-Mat Technician
        Industrial Firefighter endorsement
        No.

You are in background now. We want to be sure you do not have scumbag qualities or be an embrassment to LE in the future on 20/20 or 60 Minutes. Be patient ..

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Didn't you mean to post this in firefighter.com?
            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
              Didn't you mean to post this in firefighter.com?
              Haha thanks. Just hoping working in emergency services will help. Besides that I know they have pushed to get some officers trained as EMTs, I only know this because I taught the classes.

Comment

The only thing all that fire-rescue training will do is show that you have a predilection for sleeping on duty.

J/K - good luck!
                Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

EMT = Earn Money Sleeping

Comment

Sad part is my certs are part of a secondary on my primary job. Typically I work work work and as soon as the tone goes out I'm called into action.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4617 users online. 286 members and 4331 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X