Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about interview with agency.

Hello,

My name is Brandon, and I am a current BLET student in the Cabarrus County area and I have a question about an interview with a recruitment officer. This may be a stupid question to ask a LEO, but I can't find a definitive answer on the subject. In BLET we are taught to always stand at attention when an officer (regardless of grade) enters the room. Would it be stupid, or ignorant to stand at attention to a recruitment officer upon an interview. I ask this because I want to show due respect, and as well make a good impression. I am a BLET student so I understand that I do not know anything about Law enforcement, and I also understand that I do not full understand what protocol is. Upon an interview should I stand at attention and then wait to be told to be seated, or should I carry on as usual (shake hands look in the eye etc) then wait to be told to have a seat. The recruitment process in my area is highly competitive, and I want to make the best impression I can. What are your suggestions, and what tips do you have for the recruitment process. Thank you for your time, and answers to my question.

Go in, say Sir or M'am, stand tall, and they will tell you to have a seat, relax, etc. good question.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

We shake the candidate's hand and tell them to have a seat. I imagine most places do the same.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, and advice. I will do as you say and just shake the hands etc.

This does lead me to another question though as a LEO do you ever use the BLET standing at attention, and falling in /out? Maybe at a briefing session, or formal meeting?

Comment

Agency dependent.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by Tip14 View Post

This does lead me to another question though as a LEO do you ever use the BLET standing at attention, and falling in /out? Maybe at a briefing session, or formal meeting?

Agency dependant

However, all the agencies I have been affiliated with tend to treat their officers/deputies like ADULTS who work in a PARA-military organization.
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Standing, as a show of respect is always a good idea. Do so until instructed to have a seat.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2799 users online. 144 members and 2655 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X