300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colleges

Anyone know of any colleges that I can get not only a criminal justice degree but also, (Idk how to explain it ) but a little degree so I can also become a motorcycle mechanic if for instance I do not make the NJSP.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Originally posted by tyreezy78 View Post
    Anyone know of any colleges that I can get not only a criminal justice degree but also, (Idk how to explain it ) but a little degree so I can also become a motorcycle mechanic if for instance I do not make the NJSP.

Mechanics "degrees" are Vocational classes where as CJ degrees are academic .

A community college will give you access to both types of systems-----------------------but only a 2 yr academic degree and I highly doubt you could handle both programs at the same time
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I'm trying to go away for college that's why I asked, and I'm trying to prepare my backup career aswell as my main just incase I don't make. It I don't have the money to pay for 2 separate colleges if I don't make the njsp

Comment

I'm trying to go away for college that's why I asked, and I'm trying to prepare my backup career aswell as my main just incase I don't make. It I don't have the money to pay for 2 separate colleges if I don't make the njsp

I hate to tell you but in COLLEGE you pay by the class (credit) hours.................
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Does the agency you are applying to require a degree in CJ or just that you have a degree or a certain number of semester hours? My degree is in Mechanical Engineering and I've worked for six departments since 1983. None of these gave a crap what it was in, only that I had the follow-through.

If they don't require the degree to be CJ, go to an accredited school with the type of automotive technician program you are seeking. If they do want CJ, get that degree and work your way through the hiring process. Remember, there are no guarantees in this field. Having even the coveted CJ degree does not assure you will land the LE job.

You may want to add a little life-experience and possibly some military experience to the mix. These will improve your chances greatly.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

I checked to see if new Jersey state police required a CJ and it didn't say anything about it just bachelor degrees associate degrees etc. (BTW I'm thriving to become a NJSP when I'm older just trying to plan ahead with my life it's just something I do) so I'm not exactly sure.

Comment

Like I said before if I do not make it through the NJSP recruitment process, motorcycle mechanic would be my backup career choice. But I know to make even DECENT money as a MM I have to get certain degrees and training etc

Comment

Poster is 15 years old. It's all moot at this point.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Like I said before if I do not make it through the NJSP recruitment process, motorcycle mechanic would be my backup career choice. But I know to make even DECENT money as a MM I have to get certain degrees and training etc
                  Instead of asking a bunch of strangers on the internet, you may want to speak with the guidance department of your community college. You need to have an understanding of how to obtain certain degrees and which associates or certificate programs feed into bachelors and masters programs. The example I can see is an associates in CJ feeding into Political Science or Administration of Justice, etc. You have selected two paths that do not really connect at the end.

I am not trying to discourage you, only point out that your plan lacks forethought other than the two possible careers you may get into when you get older. When I was fifteen, I knew I either wanted to be a cowboy or a cop.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Finish high school first, speak to your high school career counselor (we had those in my school in 1998). They can help you formulate a career path to follow. After you finish high school, then seek advice from college counselors.
                    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                    that we are all that stands between
                    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

then go and get the certification needed for being a mechanic. it has been discussed 10000000 times and every sworn LEO on has always said stay away from the CJ degree. It does little help due to the fact that the academy teaches you all that you need to know. Its great you want a back up plan and that's what we all here advise to do. If you really want a college degree get it in something that you can fall back on.
                      I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3172 users online. 173 members and 2999 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X