Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jtay
    replied
    I don't believe the BI is complete, but I received a call asking me to be at the PD Monday for a CVSA.

Leave a comment:

• jtay
    replied
    Without moving I have two other choices to apply, Sheriffs or Highway Patrol.

Leave a comment:

• jtay
    replied
    The lime wire thing was something that was forgot, but disclosed to the detective before he officially started work.

Leave a comment:

• tj05
    replied
    Originally posted by jtay View Post
    Thank you for the reply. I have been extremely honest and feel that I have upheld my integrity. Now one thing I did not mention on the background packet, but disclosed to the detectives was using lime wire for music years ago. I have not used it for approximately 5 years and only buy CDs or use iTunes now. This and the time I took quarters from my mother in elementary school are the only times in have stolen. Remembering these things are very disappointing and defeating. I feel I have ruined my chance to be a member of the LE family. Nothing I can do now, but wait. I know I will make for an outstanding Officer. I do not know if I would be the best there has ever been in police work, but know my virtue and integrity is and will always be excellent.

I like many people have made poor choices. I also know many people have lived a better life than I. I am now venting and reflecting on every decision I have made. This process is a rollercoaster of emotions. Feeling pride for taking a different path in life than some friends and feeling disappointment for things I have failed on. Either way this is my life and I do not have a time machine and can only offer up myself with the baggage I have created.
    You'll be alright keep applying to new places just in case. Make sure you disclose everything next time.

Leave a comment:

• jtay
    replied
    Originally posted by tj05 View Post
    ALWAYS wear a suit when speaking to a officer regarding getting a job. Answer each question honestly and you'll be fine.
    Thank you for the reply. I have been extremely honest and feel that I have upheld my integrity. Now one thing I did not mention on the background packet, but disclosed to the detectives was using lime wire for music years ago. I have not used it for approximately 5 years and only buy CDs or use iTunes now. This and the time I took quarters from my mother in elementary school are the only times in have stolen. Remembering these things are very disappointing and defeating. I feel I have ruined my chance to be a member of the LE family. Nothing I can do now, but wait. I know I will make for an outstanding Officer. I do not know if I would be the best there has ever been in police work, but know my virtue and integrity is and will always be excellent.

I like many people have made poor choices. I also know many people have lived a better life than I. I am now venting and reflecting on every decision I have made. This process is a rollercoaster of emotions. Feeling pride for taking a different path in life than some friends and feeling disappointment for things I have failed on. Either way this is my life and I do not have a time machine and can only offer up myself with the baggage I have created.
    Last edited by jtay; 09-18-2014, 07:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tj05
    replied
    Good Job!

A detective will be coming to my home to ask a few questions tomorrow @1000. Now my house can get messy from 3 small tornadoes I call children, but stays relatively clean regardless. I do not plan to wear a suit for his arrival. That seems silly... I do plan on being presentable which means I will not be working in the yard like I usually enjoy doing. Anybody have comments, questions, or advice?
    ALWAYS wear a suit when speaking to a officer regarding getting a job. Answer each question honestly and you'll be fine.

Leave a comment:

• jtay
    replied
    Originally posted by Mfdoom View Post
    70% fail rate is not bad actually. Our investigators told us from the get go that only 5% will make it past the B.I. and into academy... Glad I made it to academy.
    Good Job!

A detective will be coming to my home to ask a few questions tomorrow @1000. Now my house can get messy from 3 small tornadoes I call children, but stays relatively clean regardless. I do not plan to wear a suit for his arrival. That seems silly... I do plan on being presentable which means I will not be working in the yard like I usually enjoy doing. Anybody have comments, questions, or advice?

Leave a comment:

• Mfdoom
    replied
    70% fail rate is not bad actually. Our investigators told us from the get go that only 5% will make it past the B.I. and into academy... Glad I made it to academy.

Leave a comment:

• jtay
    replied
    Just had to call the Detective... Wife signed me up for fantasy football... I don't like fantasy football but they need another person I guess. Didnt know if that was pertinent, but the packet contained an online activity portion. Also btfp you were spot on she reminded me of a small job I had detailing automobiles for a couple weeks back in my senior year of highschool. I left a message... Hopefully this won't DQ me. My packet was turned in Monday and the official last day to turn it in was today.

Leave a comment:

• jtay
    replied
    I have everything in there I believe... Even my 2.5 days at a temp job when I was 17

Leave a comment:

• btfp
    replied
    take a few hours and remember every job you ever had. Even if you helped pump gas under the table at the neighborhood gas station.

The last thing you want is your BI to ask Little Mrs. Smith down the block about you and have her say "He was always a very nice gentleman, he even washed my windshield when he pumped gas at the station" There is only one problem with that. You forgot to list that job cause it was only for a month until something better came along and it was a while ago.

Leave a comment:

• jtay
    replied
    To clarify about my remarks earlier in this thread. I am not looking for tips on how to beat the CVSA honesty is the best thing to do. I have read the results are up to interpretation thus allowing a subjective view to an objective machine. Also it is not very accurate so my concerns lie there.

Leave a comment:

• jtay
    replied
    Yes I do. I only use my phone so I do not pay close attention to my posts.

Leave a comment:

• Che
    replied
    Another question.

With my employment history I do not have the exact dates of hiring/reigning. I can narrow it down to month and year, but will that be sufficient? ...
    Yes, that is fine but I hope you know spelling and grammar. It will be a big deal and good luck.

Leave a comment:

• jtay
    replied
    Between mistakes and running low on time it will be turned in Monday

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3711 users online. 227 members and 3484 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X