300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrity cops

I was reading a magazine article from a while ago, and in it Ted Nugent claimed to be a reserve deputy in Michigan. I also recall hearing something about Shaqille O'Neal going through the LAPD or LACSD academy in the off-season. And we all probably remember the story about Elvis claiming to be some sort of federal agent. It brought up few questions:

1. Are there other celebrities that have claimed (truthfully or not) to be in law enforcement?

2. How truthful are these stories? IIRC, Elvis got a badge and a certificate from Nixon that said he was an 'honorary' agent but Elvis sort of forgot to mention the honorary part when he told other people. Similar for some of these others?

3. If a celebrity got the training and met all the hiring standards, then wanted to join your department as a reserve, auxilliary or part-timer, how would you feel about it?

Inquring minds want to know.
    Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Elvis had a reserve commission from the Memphis PD, which ostensibly functioned as his "Concealed Carry License". He slung a lot of B.S. about being a Narc...Ironic, considering his manner of passing.

The Nuge is a reserve officer somewhere, he supports a number of police events and charities. He's a "friend of Dubya"...

Chuck Norris also has (or had) a commission, I believe as a rural deputy sheriff, and he actually went out and participated on some raids. He's a righteous dude, and a stand up guy.

Actor Dennis Farina and Singer Eddie Money were both full-time cops prior to their entertainment careers taking off.

Comment

I think Shaq is a reserve officer with the LA Port Police, I remember seeing something about him finishing the reserve academy and getting his badge on TV a few months ago. Can you imagine the looks on the suspects' faces if he was the first guy through the door on a warrant?!
      1*

Ten dash eight!

Comment

LA Port Police? I know the LAPD and LASD have reserves, why didn't he try to get on with them? I guess he figures there's less chance that he'll get shot with the Port Police.

IIRC, a former Mr. Universe is a police officer somewhere down in Texas...not sure if he would count as a celebrity.

Comment

I read somewhere that Shaq wanted to be LA County Sheriff after his basketball career was over.

Arnold as Gov. and Shaq as Sheriff.....one government you don't want to mess with.

Comment

Shaq is a LA Port Reserve officer II.

Comment

Prior to winning Mr. Universe, Ronnie Coleman was a cop in Arlington, Texas, I don't know if he's still on their roll...

Comment

Hey. you forgot to list ME! Oh, wait, I thought you wrote celibate cops.....never mind!
                "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                John Stuart Mill

Comment

Where did you get the info Eddie Money was a P.O.? He's from Levittown, Long Island in New York. HBO did a bio a few years back concerning Levittown and its residents. Eddie Money made no mention of being a Police Officer. He did state he was involved in bands since his school years and post High School found an opportunity to tour with a band that brought him his success. He made no mention of Policing. It may be possible that the township Police made him a "honarary" officer.

Comment

Where did you get the info Eddie Money was a P.O.? He's from Levittown, Long Island in New York. HBO did a bio a few years back concerning Levittown and its residents. Eddie Money made no mention of being a Police Officer. He did state he was involved in bands since his school years and post High School found an opportunity to tour with a band that brought him his success. He made no mention of Policing. It may be possible that the township Police made him a "honarary" officer.

Elvis Presley was made a "honorary" DEA Agent by former President Richard Nixon. The is a much published photo of President Nixon and Presley shaking hands while holding a Placque presented to Presley and I believe a "courtesy" (Smaller than regulation size and/or stamped indicating "honorary" Agent) DEA shield.

Comment

Ken Osmond, known to the world as Eddie Haskell on "Leave It To Beaver" went on to become a Traffic Officer on the LAPD. If what I was told was true, he was shot in a traffic stop once, but was saved by his body armor.

I saw in one of my LE magazines some time back a Sheriff in a western state by the name of Buck Buchanan. I have always wondered if he's the same Buck Buchanan who was a pro football player in the late '60's, who was well known for his voracious appetite. Looked a lot like him, and would be about the right age.

Chuck Norris, according to his own autobiography, was a military police officer in the Air Force. When he was transfered to Korea, he began to train in the martial arts,partly because he was tired of getting his butt nearly kicked breaking up barroom brawls, and partly because he said all there was to do over there was to get drunk all the time, or study martial arts.

The late Kam Fong, who portrayed Chin Ho on Hawaii Five-O, was a police officer in Honolulu for many years.
                      Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

I knew I'd remember another one as soon as I hit that submit button!

The musical duo "Peaches & Herb." Herb was a police officer in Washington, D.C. for a while.

Old time country music star Faron Young was known as "The Singing Sheriff", for becoming sheriff in the county he lived in while still a top ranking star.
                        Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

Eddie Money

Apparently he was in the academy, but dropped out to pursue his music career.

New Yorker Eddie Money (born Eddie Mahoney, the son of a New York City cop) headed westward with his surfboard in the '70s -- leaving the N.Y.C. police academy behind to jam in the Bay Area music scene.
                          http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/...d=2694&cf=2694

Comment

PatrickM98

Thanks for the info! The HBO Special omitted this piece of his biography! There's a big difference in being an Academy Recruit and a full fledged Officer!I knew his father was a Police Officer but I don't remember hearing of Eddie Money being an actual Officer. Thanks Again!

Comment

Word had it that Chuck Norris was a reserve officer with the City of Coppell, in between Ft. Worth and Dallas.
                              "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
                              Thomas Paine

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4440 users online. 281 members and 4159 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X