Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of "internet detectives"

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What do you think of "internet detectives"

    I just watched the movie "Zodiac" last night and afterwards browsed on the internet about the real guy and found an entire website dedicated to non law enforcement citizens who investigate and research the zodiac on their own time and try to come up with new leads to the case. I've also found articles where people do this for other cold cases/ missing persons. What do you think of people in a sense "playing detective" as long as they are not interfering with law enforcement? I've seen some law enforcement personnel quotes saying it is very ineffective and essentially a waste of time while others say that these so called "internet detectives" have actually helped crack cases before, although few and far between.

  • #2
    Whatever floats your boat. As long as it's legal and you don't interfere with an investigation.
    I’ll die with blue in my veins.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thats why Montys here,Hes ours

      Comment


      • #4
        Have fun getting subpoena'd six million times after you get listed in the documents as having once reported a possible lead.

        Comment


        • #5
          We used to have to deal with this when a local College started studying a case of ours. Then we had to waste time following leads to nowhere and try and explain why their "solve" wasn't.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jdthor View Post
            Thats why Montys here,Hes ours






            THAT ^^Is a friggin classic, and oh soooo true. Our own resident Conservator of the Peace, denizen of the Bat Cave,, rider of his own "Pursuit Tricycle", Holder of the "Secret Squadron "Password, and resident expert on any topic under the sun.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jdthor View Post
              Thats why Montys here,Hes ours
              I have never actually said this, but it now seems appropriate: "Oh, Snap!"
              SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
              SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!



              In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jdthor View Post
                Thats why Montys here,Hes ours
                Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                THAT ^^Is a friggin classic, and oh soooo true. Our own resident Conservator of the Peace, denizen of the Bat Cave,, rider of his own "Pursuit Tricycle", Holder of the "Secret Squadron "Password, and resident expert on any topic under the sun.


                Hey ya gotta give credit where credit is due…

                I understand from an unofficial source he’s on the verge of
                solving the SMILEY FACE KILLERS.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jdthor View Post
                  Thats why Montys here,Hes ours
                  Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                  THAT ^^Is a friggin classic, and oh soooo true. Our own resident Conservator of the Peace, denizen of the Bat Cave,, rider of his own "Pursuit Tricycle", Holder of the "Secret Squadron "Password, and resident expert on any topic under the sun.
                  Originally posted by sanitizer View Post


                  Hey ya gotta give credit where credit is due…

                  I understand from an unofficial source he’s on the verge of
                  solving the SMILEY FACE KILLERS.


                  I can see which direction this thread headed.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NoFlo Boy View Post
                    I just watched the movie "Zodiac" last night and afterwards browsed on the internet about the real guy and found an entire website dedicated to non law enforcement citizens who investigate and research the zodiac on their own time and try to come up with new leads to the case. I've also found articles where people do this for other cold cases/ missing persons. What do you think of people in a sense "playing detective" as long as they are not interfering with law enforcement? I've seen some law enforcement personnel quotes saying it is very ineffective and essentially a waste of time while others say that these so called "internet detectives" have actually helped crack cases before, although few and far between.
                    IMO internet detectives for the most part are as helpful as overzealous or ineffectual PI’s or corporate investigators who lack qualified law enforcement experience. Leave policing to police.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ibtl !!!!!!!
                      "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

                      Comment

                      MR300x250 Tablet

                      Collapse

                      What's Going On

                      Collapse

                      There are currently 6100 users online. 350 members and 5750 guests.

                      Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                      Welcome Ad

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X