Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens to a citation and police report after the case is over?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens to a citation and police report after the case is over?

What happens to a citation and police report after the case is over?
    Last edited by winnie_negella; 08-06-2014, 09:06 PM.

What was the violation?
    Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by winnie_negella View Post
      I was given a misdemeanor ticket in California about one and a half year ago. Nothing happened after that, the DA did not charge me in arraignment. I was not given any police report when i went to court for my arraignment. What will happen to my citation and report. Does it get stored in a computer or in some file? I am going to get naturalized for citizenship and would like to know what to state as the outcome of my case.
      Contact the District Attorneys office in the area you received the citation and inquire there
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

The police report and the court documents are different things. The police report is likely stored forever in the issuing department's computer systems.
        I miss you, Dave.
        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Disregard...
          I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

It goes into a filing cabinet.

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
              What was the violation?
              Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
              The police report and the court documents are different things. The police report is likely stored forever in the issuing department's computer systems.
              Contact the County Court Clerk, District Attorney’s office, Law Enforcement agency and inquired re record retention schedules and policies. A number California Law Enforcement agencies post their retention schedules online.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158700 users online. 161 members and 158539 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X