Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever had to deal with Retaliation?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever had to deal with Retaliation?

I have a high interest in becoming a LEO BUT My greatest fear among getting killed while on the job would be, retaliation. Have you ever had to deal with this? If so, how?

Personally no, but if that is something you are worried about then I hear Baskin Robbins is hiring. I carry off duty because I live in the community I work and there are individuals that do not care for me. I am more worried someone might want to take it out on my family. At home I am not as worried. When my family is out and about I am more concerned. Criminals will always, given the opportunity, make bad decisions. I am not going to let that stop me from making them regret those bad decisions.
    Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

I work for a Municipality (non LE) and I carry daily too ( I happen to love Baskin Robins ).... You see, I live in a Border town (South Texas) where people are apparently more "ruthless". Call me crazy, BUT i love it here and wanna serve here. Like you stated, I guess when given the opportunity, they will make bad decisions. Thank You for your insight.

Comment

Stop watching Cop movies or tv shows and you'll be ok

Comment

I have been threatened HUNDREDS of times

Nothing ever came of any of them in 38+ years
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

If someone wants to try retaliation at my home, it'll be their worst and last mistake. We have high ground, 360-degree visibility, limited access and I have practiced for various scenarios.
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
              If someone wants to try retaliation at my home, it'll be their worst and last mistake. We have high ground, 360-degree visibility, limited access and I have practiced for various scenarios.
              I told one particularly violent offender that I was writing an incident report on his threats to my family AND that I would have a copy of the report in my filing cabinet at home .

Then stated " I want a copy to pin to your chest after I call for the sheriff to dispose of the body"

That was the only one that I ever mentioned by filing cabinet to.......(that was a gang banger that I really thought MIGHT be stupid enough............I had quite a bondfire last year (2 yrs after I retired) getting rid of MOST of the papers
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Jonah956 View Post
                I have a high interest in becoming a LEO BUT My greatest fear among getting killed while on the job would be, retaliation. Have you ever had to deal with this? If so, how?
                Sh1t happens it comes with the territory, you deal with it.
                Last edited by sanitizer; 08-05-2014, 06:48 PM.

Comment

You cannot live in fear of retaliation. It does happen but it is very rare. The ******bags know that if they come after us or our families a great blue wave of justice is going to crash down around them. They talk a good game but when it comes time for action they realize just how stupid making a move would be.
                  In God We Trust
                  Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Most criminals are cowards. Dozens of times I have had inmates scream threats and obscenities at me... only to shut right the Hell up the second the cell door opened.

It happens but people get hit by buses, too. Doesn't keep me from going outside.
                    Last edited by tanksoldier; 08-04-2014, 10:38 PM.
                    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Of the many idiots who threatened me over the years, only one was serious & got close. The LE community supported me for years (to this day). I guarantee my family is better armed, better trained & has better legal representation/authority than that mope & his minions.

I am cautious & aware, take precautions but don't sweat it.

Comment

I don't worry too much about retaliation from the inmates I've dealt with or those that I have arrested. I treat everyone the way I would expect to be treated if I were in their shoes. For the most part, criminals accept the fact that going to jail/prison is part of their lifestyle. There are some crooks that will fight and if they had the chance kill you so that they won't go back to prison. That being said, when they are out from behind bars, most are not looking to settle a score.

I'm more concerned with being attacked as a "victim" of opportunity. Of course this "victim" is 6 foot, 230lbs and carries a pistol everywhere (even when I go jogging). I try not to act like a victim. I keep aware of surroundings, make eye contact with others and avoid high crime areas (off duty). Criminals are like predators in the wild and will often seek out the easier prey/victim. Criminals do not want to mess with the Alpha-Male (or Alpha-Female).

Stay safe.
                        Last edited by Country_Jim; 08-05-2014, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Just to be clear: you are talking about pop culture Hollywood retaliation where your whole family is murdered and the city/state/Feds know who did it but don't prosecute for X reason, right? Or are you talking about voting for the "wrong" Candidate for Sheriff and being punished for being "disloyal" OR are you talking about complaining to a supervisor that you are harassed by a coworker and the supervisor starts mistreating you? Cuz, two of these three happen regularly to nearly everyone's agency on this board... The third, not so much...
                          semper destravit

Comment

My team and I were "green lit" once. The "Los Mags" were upset that we were putting too many of them away. Ronnie got the worse of it though, Armadello got the jump on him and burnt his face with the electric stove.

All kidding aside, do your best to treat all of your "customers" with dignity and respect. Basically "be nice" until it's time to not be nice anymore. I've had a few threaten, but to my amazement a few "frequent flyers" had a nice "discussion" with them and the problem children became very well behaved.

No need to live in fear. Prepare accordingly then be confident that you'll be able to TKOB if the need arises.
                            Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
                              Just to be clear: you are talking about pop culture Hollywood retaliation where your whole family is murdered and the city/state/Feds know who did it but don't prosecute for X reason, right? Or are you talking about voting for the "wrong" Candidate for Sheriff and being punished for being "disloyal" OR are you talking about complaining to a supervisor that you are harassed by a coworker and the supervisor starts mistreating you? Cuz, two of these three happen regularly to nearly everyone's agency on this board... The third, not so much...
                              RGDS excellent post, this is the first time I’ve seen the "Quadrennial phenomenon" mentioned on this forum.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5303 users online. 327 members and 4976 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X