300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut-Resistant Frisk Gloves

Does anyone have any recommendations on quality tactical/frisk gloves? What do you use? What should I stay away from? Thanks.

All the name brands are pretty good, I've used most... Hatch, Damascus, etc etc
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

I use Hatch SGK 100. You do (obviously) lose a little bit of dexterity and feeling, but they are comfortable and do the job well. The kevlar layer covers the whole palm and extends into the webbing area between your thumb and index finger. I have shiftmates who swear by Mechanix gloves (not sure on the model number) too.

Comment

I don't understand wearing this type of glove for frisks, and certainly not for searches. For a frisk, I feel like there should be some amount of exigency. So unless you're gonna wear the gloves for the entire shift you don't have time to glove up prior to frisking. For a search, only nitrile gloves offer enough dexterity for me to find items like nickel bags.
        I do carry gloves for a variety of other reasons, to include: cold weather, going to a call where it sounds like there's gonna be a use of force, dealing with dogs, dealing with barbed wire or broken glass or rusty metal.

To each his own, but the number one thing is to make sure you can draw and shoot with whatever glove you're gonna wear.

Comment

I appreciate the responses.

Comment

I use medical-industry puncture-proof (almost) gloves (big like winter mittens, lol) for the initial check for needles and knives and guns, then go to nitrile for the search for H&S and other 496. I usually put the nitrile on underneath, and then use just the strong hand glove for the putdown for sharps/gats in the primary areas (waistband, pockets, armpits, etc.) Then peel it off and go for a more thorough with the nitriles underneath. YMMV, they cost about $40 a pair (I think that is with shipping). Go halvsies with a south-paw at work and your at $20.

http://www.hexarmor.com/products/sharpsmaster-ii
            Last edited by ElDiabloJoe; 08-03-2014, 05:52 PM.
            "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4421 users online. 277 members and 4144 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X