X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sanitizer
    replied
    Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
    I have supercalifragilisticexpialidocious tattooed on my soldier. Is that a problem.
    IAM Rand, you have your own soldier?

All have is a gardener and live-in house cleaner.
    Last edited by sanitizer; 08-22-2014, 04:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IAM Rand
    replied
    I have supercalifragilisticexpialidocious tattooed on my soldier. Is that a problem.

Na, Just kidding. It would be too small to see.

Leave a comment:

• CruiserClass
    replied
    It would be if I was your background investigator. It shows a mind set incompatible with police work in a representative democracy.

Leave a comment:

• Zeitgeist
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
    This actually happened in the Chicago area during a murder trial. Det. had gang tats from the opposing team that the murder offender was on and it made for some big time extra crap on the stand on how the Det was out to get the offender, frame him, make him confess to a murder he didn't do because they were rivals.

I personally saw 2 P/O's from 2 different PD's do a gang handshake when they met up to assist us on an investigation. We kept our info close to the vest and went hunting another day without their help.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...oos-lords-cane
    That is frightening.

In the photo of my academy class, one of my classmates (15yrs ago) is flashing a gang sign.

Fortunately he didn't make it out of Field Training, as he told a UC officer, that he was hitting on in a club, that it didn't matter she was a dealer.

Apparently it was some big DEA trafficking investigation.
    Last edited by Zeitgeist; 08-03-2014, 07:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDet
    replied
    Originally posted by Langford PR View Post
    You got me to think about how effective it would be if the defense attorney heard about the tattoo and called him on it in front of a jury....that case would go flying and just about every other important case he ever brought to the DA afterward.
    This actually happened in the Chicago area during a murder trial. Det. had gang tats from the opposing team that the murder offender was on and it made for some big time extra crap on the stand on how the Det was out to get the offender, frame him, make him confess to a murder he didn't do because they were rivals.

I personally saw 2 P/O's from 2 different PD's do a gang handshake when they met up to assist us on an investigation. We kept our info close to the vest and went hunting another day without their help.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...oos-lords-cane
    Last edited by ChiTownDet; 08-02-2014, 11:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Langford PR
    replied
    Originally posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    You mentioned that if you get it, you will get it on your chest. You do know you will be
    a)asked what tattoos, if any, you have.
    b)they will be looked at either by the BI or when you get your physical

If you have to get a tat, get one after you're hired.

I got this from Urban dictionary, not sure how accurate it is but what stands out to me is 'refuse to comply with laws'. I can already hear a defense attorney asking 'and Officer Celtics 009 what other laws do you refuse to comply with?

3 percenters
    A loose affiliation of like minded Americans who vow to refuse to comply with laws that violate the second amendment right to keep (own) and bear (carry) firearms. The name "3 percenter" comes from the fact that only 3 percent of colonial British subjects took up arms against the King during the revolutionary war. Three percent of the population was enough to overthrow a government and win independence.
    "We are the 3 percenters, we will not comply, we will not be disarmed."

Try refusing to comply with that law in an airport.
    You got me to think about how effective it would be if the defense attorney heard about the tattoo and called him on it in front of a jury....that case would go flying and just about every other important case he ever brought to the DA afterward.

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDet
    replied
    Originally posted by BNWS View Post
    Kinda like getting your girls name tatoo'd on you but spelling it wrong.
    And then breaking up with her..

Leave a comment:

• BNWS
    replied
    Originally posted by just joe View Post
    I have a number of thoughts:

1) Stupid idea

2) Don't believe people who can't get facts and figures straight, or try to manipulate them for their own purpose... time for a history lesson boys and girls: The largest patriot army in the field at any one time numbered about 3% of the population however, the total percentage of Americans who served in the army numbered 10% of the population, which was supported by another 20% of the population. The Loyalist population (or Torries) was between 15 and 20%. They did not field more troops either in combined numbers throughout the war or during any year of the war, especially late war. Loyalists were very active in the South and they did field large numbers of combatants at Kings Mountain, the Battle of Camden and the Battle of Cowpens, but that is not what the web site hack is referring to (and people thought that studying history in graduate school wouldn't pay off).

3) Stupid idea
    Kinda like getting your girls name tatoo'd on you but spelling it wrong.

Leave a comment:

• BNWS
    replied
    I don't know where you live but if you become a cop you will have to enforce local gun laws. Most states have them.

Leave a comment:

• Zeitgeist
    replied
    You mentioned that if you get it, you will get it on your chest. You do know you will be
    a)asked what tattoos, if any, you have.
    b)they will be looked at either by the BI or when you get your physical

If you have to get a tat, get one after you're hired.

I got this from Urban dictionary, not sure how accurate it is but what stands out to me is 'refuse to comply with laws'. I can already hear a defense attorney asking 'and Officer Celtics 009 what other laws do you refuse to comply with?

3 percenters
    A loose affiliation of like minded Americans who vow to refuse to comply with laws that violate the second amendment right to keep (own) and bear (carry) firearms. The name "3 percenter" comes from the fact that only 3 percent of colonial British subjects took up arms against the King during the revolutionary war. Three percent of the population was enough to overthrow a government and win independence.
    "We are the 3 percenters, we will not comply, we will not be disarmed."

Try refusing to comply with that law in an airport.
    Last edited by Zeitgeist; 08-02-2014, 07:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chomp
    replied
    Thank you for your service. That said, if after reading the replies given in this thread, you still decide to get that tattoo.. good.

By all means, filter yourself out.

Leave a comment:

• tanksoldier
    replied
    I am active duty army and applied for the police in my home city
    Not only may the police department have a problem, the ARMY may have a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by BNWS View Post
    We had a full Inspector with a "Thug Life " tatoo on his neck. He commanded a precinct!
    I saw his photo..................boy I was impressed

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Well, based on the comments of my colleague's you've gotten some good advice. Best of all, it was free. That said, here's a little more. Tattoo policy(s) are set by individual departments, and it is those standards by which any tats you have would be judged.

If you're tat free, my suggestion is that you stay that way. You might also well consider the advice my colleague gave you concerning his FTO's thoughts concerning these matters. Some pretty good advice there.

Leave a comment:

• BNWS
    replied
    We had a full Inspector with a "Thug Life " tatoo on his neck. He commanded a precinct!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4878 users online. 313 members and 4565 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X