300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need an opinion

How ya doing y'all, I'm curious in your fine opinions if a 3% tattoo is considered grounds for not being hired because it has been labeled as "anti-government" I am active duty army and applied for the police in my home city. Just asking here if you guys were the investigator would you believe it is grounds to not get hired. Thanks as always and stay safe out there.
    Sgt. Siek: Now to the rest of you, do you have what it takes to be the meanest, the cruelest, the most sadist unforgiving mother ****ers in God's cruel kingdom?
    All Marines: Yes, Staff Sergeant.
    Sgt. Siek: Will you be able to one day say, "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother ****er in the God damn valley?"
    Sgt. Siek: We shall ****ing see.

Originally posted by celtics009 View Post
    How ya doing y'all, I'm curious in your fine opinions if a 3% tattoo is considered grounds for not being hired because it has been labeled as "anti-government" I am active duty army and applied for the police in my home city. Just asking here if you guys were the investigator would you believe it is grounds to not get hired. Thanks as always and stay safe out there.
    I would have to know

#1. EXACTLY what the tattoo is
    #2. EXACTLY what the policy was for the agency
    #3. EXACTLY what the Chief/Sheriff/CEO thought
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

http://rlv.zcache.com/three_percente..._8byvr_512.jpg http://freepatriot.org/2013/07/08/th...er-or-the-iii/
      Sgt. Siek: Now to the rest of you, do you have what it takes to be the meanest, the cruelest, the most sadist unforgiving mother ****ers in God's cruel kingdom?
      Sgt. Siek: Will you be able to one day say, "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother ****er in the God damn valley?"

Comment

That answers 1 question
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

You have what is labeled as "an anti-government tattoo" and ask if it would be approved by a GOVERNMENT agency. I find that a bit off.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            I would have to know

#1. EXACTLY what the tattoo is
            If I may add a 4th question, where is your tattoo located?

Comment

i do not have it, we had a debate at work because a couple of us were considering getting it. If i did get it it would not be visible, i would get it on my chest

Comment

I have a number of thoughts:

1) Stupid idea

2) Don't believe people who can't get facts and figures straight, or try to manipulate them for their own purpose... time for a history lesson boys and girls: The largest patriot army in the field at any one time numbered about 3% of the population however, the total percentage of Americans who served in the army numbered 10% of the population, which was supported by another 20% of the population. The Loyalist population (or Torries) was between 15 and 20%. They did not field more troops either in combined numbers throughout the war or during any year of the war, especially late war. Loyalists were very active in the South and they did field large numbers of combatants at Kings Mountain, the Battle of Camden and the Battle of Cowpens, but that is not what the web site hack is referring to (and people thought that studying history in graduate school wouldn't pay off).

3) Stupid idea

Comment

roger that

Comment

Originally posted by celtics009 View Post
                    i do not have it, we had a debate at work because a couple of us were considering getting it. If i did get it it would not be visible, i would get it on my chest
                    You still have not answered

What you need to understand is------------------a background investigator is not supposed to inject PERSONAL thoughts or preferences into their BI. A Background Investigator gathers information and makes a determination if the candidate meets the minimum standards for the agency.

In order to make that determination the Investigator looks at the candidate through the eyes of the policies of the agency and the "moral standards" of the agency. What the investigator thinks really doesn't count in order to do his/her job properly.

Therefore what I think personally about your tattoo means ZILCH The opinion of agency and it's CEO is what counts

Comment

Heres a good way to look at it and most anything else in this business and something my FTO told me .

IF YOUR ALREADY QUESTIONING WHETHER ITS A BAD IDEA,GUESS WHAT.IT MORE THAN LIKELY IS.

Comment

We had a full Inspector with a "Thug Life " tatoo on his neck. He commanded a precinct!

Comment

Well, based on the comments of my colleague's you've gotten some good advice. Best of all, it was free. That said, here's a little more. Tattoo policy(s) are set by individual departments, and it is those standards by which any tats you have would be judged.

If you're tat free, my suggestion is that you stay that way. You might also well consider the advice my colleague gave you concerning his FTO's thoughts concerning these matters. Some pretty good advice there.

Comment

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
                            We had a full Inspector with a "Thug Life " tatoo on his neck. He commanded a precinct!
                            I saw his photo..................boy I was impressed

Comment

I am active duty army and applied for the police in my home city
                              Not only may the police department have a problem, the ARMY may have a problem.
                              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5033 users online. 290 members and 4743 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X