300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criminal Law Questions

Basically this is a question from my assignment for my criminal law class. I just need a little bit more info on larceny by false pretenses and larceny by trick. If you can give me some example that will be great. Thank you.

Question: What distinguishes larceny by false pretenses from larceny by trick and what must a prosecutor prove to convict for each crime.

You may want to set up an interview with your local prosecutor in order to get accurate information for your school project. Most members on these boards don't / won't help with homework.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

And there could be State-specific issues.
      Last edited by Dinosaur32; 07-30-2014, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ythay View Post
        Basically this is a question from my assignment for my criminal law class. I just need a little bit more info on larceny by false pretenses and larceny by trick. If you can give me some example that will be great. Thank you.

Question: What distinguishes larceny by false pretenses from larceny by trick and what must a prosecutor prove to convict for each crime.
        We , here on this forum, have a long standing practice of NOT helping with school work.

That is an informal practice and anyone is able to answer your question if they wish------just be aware that most of us WONT help you out.

One of the aims of a Criminal Law class is to teach the student how to research answers. That part is even more important than actually writing down the correct answer. HINT: Research should not be asking a question on the interent
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
          HINT: Research should not be asking a question on the interent
          This is the biggest reason why members don't do other people's homework.
          Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
          And their could be State-specific issues.
          This is probably the second biggest reason.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Research, done by the student is a basic requirement for any course work with which I'm familiar. Research does not include visiting a website and hopefully having your work done for you by it's members. That doesn't happen here.

Should you be contemplating a career in the law, you'll soon discover that research (the type YOU do) is critical to your success. Past that, the replies you've received have all been 100% on the mark. Good luck in YOUR efforts.

Comment

While I will not answer your question, I will ask you... What's the difference between a trick and false pretense?

Also, are you in Californa or are you from Californa? To the best of my knowledge, I do not believe California uses that term (Larceny).

Further this is OFFICER.COM NOT LAWYER.COM, I have never had to prove anything in court. I investigate a crime and testify to my findings and actions.
              semper destravit

Comment

Ythay, it's your mother calling, send me $1500 from Green Dot cards right away.
                Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Those questions really don't fly in the real world anyway. One of the harder parts of taking the Bar exam (which I did yesterday & today!) was keeping Bar world separate from real world when it came to criminal procedure/crime questions. Some of the stuff people were getting "convicted" for in the Bar world would absolutely never fly in the real world.
                  I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Yeah, even if we wanted to answer that's too state-specific. Here in CO we don't even have larceny. It's theft or fraud here depending on the details...
                    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
                      Those questions really don't fly in the real world anyway. One of the harder parts of taking the Bar exam (which I did yesterday & today!) was keeping Bar world separate from real world when it came to criminal procedure/crime questions. Some of the stuff people were getting "convicted" for in the Bar world would absolutely never fly in the real world.
                      Good luck..........................I think Iowa is giving their bar exam this week too.................
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Best of luck, Sarge!!! Went through the same thing 23 yrs ago....I'm sure you'll do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ythay View Post

Are you talking about an 820.1 vs. a 306(b)? They're basically the same, unless the prosecutor files a 2190 under the Schnellencamp vs. Tennessee case.
                          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                            Are you talking about an 820.1 vs. a 306(b)? They're basically the same, unless the prosecutor files a 2190 under the Schnellencamp vs. Tennessee case.
                            You bring up an excellent point there, sir. I didn't even consider the Schnellencamp v. Tennessee situation. Did the plaintiff ever get their money back?

Comment

I feel like you are being so disrespectful right now. I'm not here for any drama, so if you don't have nothing nice to say, please keep it to yourself. For you info, I was born in the United State. And about my mother, she's with god for the past 14 years.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4722 users online. 283 members and 4439 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X