Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police belt for personal use, allowed or not ?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police belt for personal use, allowed or not ?

Hi guys,
    In a surplus shop I found a belt which I think is an official police belt.
    Is it allowed to wear this belt for personal use or not, or is this considered to be an official part of the uniform ??
    I am working as an IT guy and I am planning to wear this belt to carry my personal items (mini flashlight, pocket knife, multitool, keys, cellphone etc.). Seems to be a solution to get rid of stuff in my pockets....and I need those items with me all the time.
    Is this OK or not ?
    And what is the correct way to wear this belt ? The guy in the shop told me to get a velcro belt under it and to get six loops with snaps so I could simply wear it over my pants belt....seems to work for me....is this the way how the belt is normally worn? Since it doesn't fit in my belt loops....
    Below a photo of my belt.
    Thanks for your advice !

Attached Files
    Last edited by it-guy; 06-16-2014, 06:45 AM.

Looks like a standard sam browne....not my choice for civi wear but you do what you want.
    Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
    “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
    “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
    "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
    ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

When I did network infrastructure and administration I just wore a regular 1 inch leather belt with a tool pouch. Amazon has a decent selection to choose from...
      “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

Polo + BDUs + Duty Belt = people might mistake you for popo/security, which could be bad news.
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
        that we are all that stands between
        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Sexy! Did they have the matching hat?
          Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Are you a serial killer?

Comment

Oops, post deleted
              Last edited by PtownVAMike; 06-15-2014, 05:49 PM. Reason: In Ask a Cop forum
              It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Langford PR View Post
                Looks like a standard sam browne....not my choice for civi wear but you do what you want.
                What is a sam browne ?

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                Are you a serial killer?
                ??

Just need a decent wide belt to carry my items. Was considering one of those nylon tool belts also, but I am not working at a construction site

Comment

If you rooted through my garbage pail abut a year ago you could have had mine for nothing.

Comment

Nothing you stated you carry requires that kind of belt.

It's overkill and more weight around your waist which in time is not a good thing.

Just get pouches for all your stuff that you can put through a normal sized belt.

What are other folks in the "industry" doing....I'm guessing they aren't running around with thick and heavy gun belts.

Comment

Listen to me

No and NO and NO. You will never get laid man. Just No, don't do it.
                      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

It is perfectly lawful to wear this type of belt. It will make you look like a complete tool, but it is legal.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

If you're going to do it right, you better order the Dee belt and wear it with your Sam Browne.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by it-guy View Post
                            What is a sam browne ?

??

Just need a decent wide belt to carry my items. Was considering one of those nylon tool belts also, but I am not working at a construction site
                            You're not working as an officer either but you want to wear that belt. Go figure. Go on over to the Big Bang Theory store and get a nice Batman buckle to go on it too.

Comment

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
                              It will make you look like a complete tool
                              Well, it IS intended as a tool belt.

Legal here, but dumb.
                              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3053 users online. 145 members and 2908 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X