Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the best classic car youever stoppeed on a traffic stop?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the best classic car youever stoppeed on a traffic stop?

This one's just for fun!

What is the best classic car you've ever stopped?

This wasn't technically a traffic stop, it was a fire call. Back in the mid or late 80s, we caugt a run for a car fire in a nearby apartment complex...ended up being a classic 'Little Deuce Coupe'...a classic '32 Ford-turned-hotrod. The battery was under the seat, and somehow the battery cable shorted out, starting a small fire.

When smoke started coming from beneath the seat, the owner got it to the curb, and as luck would have it, a CPD unit was right on top of him. The officer called it in and grabbed his extiguisher, made quick work of the small fire, and when we rolled up it was all over with but doing the report.

This was an awesome car with a capitol 'A'. Beautiful yellow, exposed engine compartment, tuck and rolled interior, engine-turned dash, the works.

Hadit bured I think I woulda cried, and it wasn't even my car. I most definitely got pictures though!

An "Amerisport" - big Ford engine in a body by Lamborghini, it was the only one in the world, and intended to be the centerpoint of the Houston or Dallas car show.
    Problem was, it was not legally entered into the U.S., and was not certified to be driven on the public streets, where they were driving it. In addition, they were selling it, which is prohibited by law.
    So, as an "Officer of the Customs" I had to seize it - and drive it to our impound storage area.
    I understand the ventured failed. Had they obeyed the laws, it may have succeeded.
    Last edited by Sleuth; 05-19-2014, 04:46 PM.
    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
    John Stuart Mill

Comment

1974 Corvette.................................BUT it wasn't a "classic" at the time, it was almost brand new in 1976
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Also not a classic car, but I once stopped a guy in a beautiful Bentley. He gave me a rash so as I was writing him, I asked him, "So what year is this Dodge?" He said (pizzed), "Very funny."
        I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
          Also not a classic car, but I once stopped a guy in a beautiful Bentley. He gave me a rash so as I was writing him, I asked him, "So what year is this Dodge?" He said (pizzed), "Very funny."
          LoL

Hey, in the car yard near my court house the are selling a Jaguar.................I haven't stopped to see why it would be in the bargain yard.. You don't see many of them in used car lots in my area
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

AMC Pacer.

You didn't ask if it was a nice classic or not....
            SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
            SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

I stopped a guy with his wife and child in a VW Scirocco, not really a 'classic' but it had classic plates.
              I had a ******bag in a Viper awhile back. He became a frequent flyer...
              I got nothing for now

Comment

"40 Ford, back-halved with a blown Hemi from an old alcohol funny car. The guy had no idea how to drive it or that its wheelie bars were too low. He had just bought it at the Barrett-Jackson Auction.

Comment

What??? Nobody has stopped a 1987 Yugo hatchback...now there is a classic machine.
                  In God We Trust
                  Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6060 users online. 363 members and 5697 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X