300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard issue handgun optional?

Is the standard issue handgun at your department optional? Just a curious question.

My Agency issues a standard weapon (Glock Model 22 .40cal S&W. This is the weapon Troopers carry on duty.

Comment

Our standard issue weapon is the Glock 22 but you can carry others if approved by the range master. We have guys that carry Sigs, Kimbers, Springfields, H&Ks, Colts and Glock 23 and 41.
      Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

Same G22 Gen 4s for our standard firearm. You can carry a different firearm if it's approved by the range master. I'm not a fan of doing it though. I think we (the department) should all be standard in case it hits the fan you can easily swap magazines.

Comment

At my agency, Deputies must carry their issued weapon while working. Uniformed positions carry Glock 22 .40 S&W Gen4, most detectives and admin carry Glock 23 .40 S&W Gen4.

Deputies are free to carry whatever they want as a backup gun and whatever they want when off duty.

Comment

We carry standard rocket propelled grenade launchers and 50 cal. shoulder mounted machine guns. We are allowed to carry crossbows and ninja starts with an approval letter from the Chief.

Comment

The only pistol that can be carried by uniformed deputies is the issued G17. Plainclothes can be authorized to carry something more compact.
              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

We buy our own handgun so it can be whatever is approved. Our guys carry Sigs, Glocks, Berettas, Springfields, and I think there is one Kimber being carried. We don't have a standard issue.

Covman

Comment

Issued Glock 31's, I carried Glock 32.
                  Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                    We carry standard rocket propelled grenade launchers and 50 cal. shoulder mounted machine guns. We are allowed to carry crossbows and ninja starts with an approval letter from the Chief.
                    I didn't like the ninja stars, I had horrible aim.

Comment

Issued Sig P226 (or 229 if you prefer) in .40. Personally owned Sigs, H&Ks, and Glocks are approved for carry (with some restrictions. Has to be 9, .40, or .45, No single action only, etc.). I carry a Glock 21.

Comment

Originally posted by wheels295 View Post
                        I didn't like the ninja stars, I had horrible aim.
                        It requires very strong forearms. Masturbate more and always use the same hand.

Comment

All uniformed deputies/officers employed by my SO are issued G22's. Prior to last year we were issued M&P .40---technically we are all still qualified on the M&Ps ( and most of us bought them when we traded guns) so we could carry them if we wanted.

The sheriff prefers we carry the issued weapon ----so we do.

Off duty we carry whatever we want..................
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                            It requires very strong forearms. Masturbate more and always use the same hand.
                            I'll just tell the wife I'm working in my ninja star throwing skills. I'm sure she'll understand...

Comment

Originally posted by The75thGhost View Post
                              Is the standard issue handgun at your department optional? Just a curious question.
                              Sure is. Many of us like walking around unarmed on duty. Great way to guarantee no negligent discharges and minimize the number of use of force reports.
                              Last edited by HI629; 04-21-2014, 03:50 PM.
                              Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3596 users online. 136 members and 3460 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X