300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My turn to ask a question

Ok, so most of you probably know that I have been a reserve, and trying to get on full time. I recently had to quit my security job, and need immediate income. I may have an opportunity as a floor manager/security at gentleman's clubs. Those of you who have experience as recruiters and background investigators, would that type of employment hurt my chances and/or look bad/reflect negatively?
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Hey ------a job is a job.

A friend of mine was a clerk at an adult bookstore when he was going through college
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

For me personally, it's going to depend on the reputation of the club.

If they are viewed as a clean establishment (the owners and staff aren't dealing drugs, making book, selling stolen property or letting the customers get sh*t faced, the patrons aren't doing dope in establishment, the bouncers don't beat the crap out of customers or needlessly instigate altercations, and the girls aren't turning tricks) then I would not have a problem with it.

Just make sure you know the character of the club.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
        For me personally, it's going to depend on the reputation of the club.

If they are viewed as a clean establishment (the owners and staff aren't dealing drugs, making book, selling stolen property or letting the customers get sh*t faced, the patrons aren't doing dope in establishment, the bouncers don't beat the crap out of customers or needlessly instigate altercations, and the girls aren't turning tricks) then I would not have a problem with it.

Just make sure you know the character of the club.
        ^^^^^+1
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

What L-1 said 100%! And be careful that you don't get involved in some stupid enforcement action that could DQ you.

Comment

I think if you had to ask you already know the answer. Also would your current department that you reserve at allow to remain with that occupation at an adult establishment? I personally don't care as along as it was legit but those places have more dope and tricks than lap dances.

I don't know of a department around my area that would allow an officer/deputy to work at that kind of place or even a bar.
            Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Yeah, I'm thinking they would look down on it, but it's one of those things with the economy being what it is and having to put food on the table.

Not currently sworn, so I don't have to worry about asking my last chief.

I understand totally about taking enforcement action. I've done security for waaaayyyyyy too long. I know how DPD deals with security.
              I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

What L-1 said..

Aware of a number of applicants DQ'd because of their employers background/reputation.

Comment

I worked in Vice for a minute, too much goes on. I'd say no if you really want a career in Law Enforcement.
                  Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

I understand totally about taking enforcement action. I've done security for waaaayyyyyy too long. I know how DPD deals with security.[/QUOTE]

Whatever do you mean?

Comment

F being the police. That's the dream job right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
                        Yeah, I'm thinking they would look down on it, but it's one of those things with the economy being what it is and having to put food on the table.

Not currently sworn, so I don't have to worry about asking my last chief.

I understand totally about taking enforcement action. I've done security for waaaayyyyyy too long. I know how DPD deals with security.
                        Which club is it?
                        Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

The Ball Pit- All Male Revue?
                          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                          that we are all that stands between
                          the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
                            The Ball Pit- All Male Revue?
                            Us: Never heard of it.

jchughes: Really? Go two blocks that way, turn left, its the third building on your right. The front door is green. What's today? Tuesday? Then Frank's working the door. Compliment his bowtie and he'll let you in without a cover charge.

Us: ......

jchughes: So I hear, anyway.
                            I miss you, Dave.
                            http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Bazinga. lol
                              The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                              that we are all that stands between
                              the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7921 users online. 419 members and 7502 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X