300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumbest call you've handled

We've all handled calls that made you say "WTF?!?" Last night's call definitely made my top 10.

A woman called in a suspicious activity report. What was suspicious? The fact that her neighbor was washing his driveway at 11pm and she thought something serious may have occurred. Yes, I had to respond to investigate and found out that this guy's sister moved out with her dogs that were living in the garage. He was scrubbing the floor so he could use it to park his car. Harvey Keitel was not there with Quentin Tarantino, John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson.

So what calls have left you with the look of

"A man's got to know his limitations" --Inspector Harry Callahan in Magnum Force

Monday I heard a strange call go out. This guy calls in and tells communications that he's having thoughts of breaking into his girlfreind's apartment and stealing a bunch of stuff. He wanted the police to come and talk him out of it. I never found out what happened at the scene, but I'm sure it was interesting.

Comment

UFO call one night
      "I neither approve or blame. I merely relate."- Voltaire

Comment

The dumbest call ever?? For me, it was actually two calls back to back. The first call was a lady reporting a "Murdered Duck" around one of the park ponds. Upon arrival, the lady showed me the dead duck laying in some bushes beside one of the ponds. After she explained at how "horrific" a scene this was, she told me that she had a suspect. So, like a fool, I asked "Who". She described a brown in color labrador retreiver dog with "Murderous tendencies". As soon as I cleared up from that call, I was dispatched to the Pd. for a phone call; I was working at a southern Univ. When I arrived the mother of a female student was on the phone. According to her, her daughter was on the military base on campus. Her daughter told her that she was "Taken" by some aliens and could I go check on her daughter. Once at the dorm, I talked to the young female who stated that she could'nt breath. When I started to call for EMS, she said it was ok, she could breath later. She then explained to me that her and some friends had gone out of town to a military base ( some 50 miles away ) and on the way back she and her friends were abducted by a alien light. After talking to the girl who could'nt breath, I left heading back to the PD. to call her mother. I was stopped outside the dorm( 3 floors away & half a parking lot away from "Breathless") by the "Breathless" female who had sprinted all the way from her room to catch me. "Breathless" told me to tell her mom she would call her when she could breath again...Once back at the PD and on the phone with mom, mom asked me a very odd question. She asked me " Now officer, I don't think my daughter was abducted by aliens. But, I do know that the military does top secret manuvers and testing. Could you call the military and ask them if they were doing any top secret testing last night. And, if so, was my daughter one of the people they did any testing on?"
        War is'nt about who's right, it's about who's left.

Comment

Third reply from GA. Is it in the water down here or what?

Had a woman who called and stated that there was someone in her house. When we got there the intruder was a gremlin who,while this lady was doing her business on the toilet,stuck his head up between her legs and said BOO!

We had another guy who said that aliens and the FBI were sending him subliminal messages saying they wanted to have sex with him. He said that we wouldn't help him because it was a conspiracy. He claimed that one of out SGT's was in his front yard one night saying that he wanted to have sex with him. And the Sgt was supposedly DRESSED IN DRAG.

I've got many,many more that I can't even remember.
          If you stare into the abyss long enough,sometimes it stares back.

Comment

Everyone once and a while a vicious squirrel call comes over. TO some that may not be so odd, but I work in one of the most crime ridden areas of Brooklyn, so to us it is odd.

Comment

It's not a call (or rather calls) that I dealt with, but about a year ago England was hit by an earthquake, centred on the Midlands. Earthquakes (well, ones you'd actually notice) are very rare and that may account for the somewhat frenzied reaction from the citizenry. Namely, numerous calls to the Police asking them to "do something" about the 'quake.
              I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Comment

disturbance as a result of one man throwing a mop into another man's goat pen

Comment

animal cruelty?!?

I asked this my explorer advisor this question a couple of months ago and he told me that he responded to a call at the local Meijers (a grocery store) for an "animal cruelty" call with no more information. When he arrives he meets the RP thinking it was a dog locked in a car or something similar, but she takes him inside and shows him the tank that holds the live lobsters you can buy and wants Meijers ticketed for animal cruelty.

Comment

Neighor disupte....Caller was complaining because her neighbor mowed his yard and some of the grass clippings blew into her yard.

S3

Comment

Sam 3:You sure you don't work on my shift? We had that same call less than a month ago.
                      If you stare into the abyss long enough,sometimes it stares back.

Comment

There all pretty dumb. Junkies calling because a dealer ripped them off. Fireworks on the Fourth of July. Neighbor parking in "their spot" on a public way. Kids won't mind their parents...Too damn many...
                        surly?? screw you....

Comment

A guy called saying he was being threatened. Couldn't explain it until I dug into it more. Turns out the suspect didn't like the size of the rock of cocaine he was sold and wanted his money back. "Victim" was a little scared, not too bright either.
                          Do your best, do what is right

Comment

I had a call to an arab market when I was in patrol. I had to deal with 2 old arab guys arguing over the fact that the one guy did not belive the meat was "halal"....So they called me, the non muslim white guy to mediate the "meat is not halal" argument....to funny!

Comment

This is a rural community that is experiencing rapid growth from folks in LA, to wit...

Around dawn last fall, there were numerous frantic calls about shots fired and gun battles raging...

Opening day of dove season.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4790 users online. 261 members and 4529 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X