300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Questions

Hey I'm a student at Chatahoochie Technical College in Marietta, Georgia. I have a final project which requires me to ask police officers from different states six easy questions. If some of you guys could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Your name (not necessarily last name, but first name will work):
    Dept. Name:
    Dept. Size:
    Years Experience:

1. What are the best things about your work in law enforcement?

2. What are the worst things about your work in law enforcement?

3. What three characteristics best describe a "good" peace officer?

4. What is the most important lesson you have learned on the job?

5. What advice would you offer someone considering a law enforcement/security career?

6. What are the most serious problems or issues facing your department today?

If you do not want to answer these questions over this thread you may e-mail me at [email protected] Also all answers will be going directly to my professor and will not be seen by anyone besides him or myself. Thank you!
    Last edited by RBrodowski; 09-09-2003, 08:46 AM.

Name: Sleuth
    United States Customs, Office of Investigations (Now Border & Immigration Enforcement)
    Size: 2,000 (pre-merger)
    Years: 26

1. Best thing: Helping "The People of The United States", and repaying this country for what it did for my family, who came to escape religious persecution.

2. Worst thing: Seeing what people do to themselves and their families by their criminal acts.

3. Intelligence, empathy, and the willingness to enforce the law equally to everyone.

4. That there is a criminal class in this country, who choose to live a life of crime and can never be changed by society, only tolerated, housed, or exicuted.

5. Learn Spanish & accounting (follow the money), do ride alongs to see if you really want to deal with these people, decide early on that you will survive to retire, learn to employ the full range of officer survival tools.

6. Under Homeland Security, the same problems of enough training, manpower, and equipment to counter the smugglers and terrorists.
    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
    John Stuart Mill

Comment

Thank you Sleuth! I just need 4 more of you guys to respond please!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4302 users online. 238 members and 4064 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X