300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanish for Law Enforcement

What's the best book out there to get to supplement the OJT that I will get?
    Really? Guess what, I still don't care.

Where to directly apply the most force to get the best english By Bubba Ray

Comment

Where to directly apply the most force to get the best english By Bubba Ray
      I've seen better English from a cue ball

Comment

I had to explain that one to Oregon Mike, even though he tried to pretend he was a pool shark when he was out here in PA. Imagine how embarassing it was for that big officer to get his clock cleaned by an itty bitty girl!

Comment

What a crock...

I have never bragged about any pool skills. I think I specifically told you that I tend to make the impossible bank shots while missing the ridiculously easy straight shots.

Mike
          "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!" -- Captain Lance Murdoch, The Simpsons

Comment

Okay okay.......'Nuff with the hijacking people Oh wait, me thinks I'm guilty dangit. May be a first for me...

Anyway, focus people, focus..........

Comment

Find a Border Patrol office, and "aquire" one of their Spanish books. It is the best I know of.

Better yet, get a "Long Haired Dictionary" (Spanish Speaking Girlfriend.)
              "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
              John Stuart Mill

Comment

Okay, I'll be serious...what I have always used was a book put out by Safariland. It is a little "flip" type book with phrases for each situation.

Comment

Better yet, get a "Long Haired Dictionary" (Spanish Speaking Girlfriend.)
                  Unfortunately, I don't think my wife will appreciate that method.

Okay, I'll be serious...what I have always used was a book put out by Safariland. It is a little "flip" type book with phrases for each situation.
                  Thanks for the info.

Now back to your irregularly scheduled thread hijacking.

Comment

OOOOOH, Boy! Whatcha wanna talk about, Bubba Ray, huh? Can we talk about something fun, huh? Can we?

Comment

Dont know of any specific titles. I personally find that it helps when I listen to Spanish speaking officers when they translate complex situations. I have the basics down and as long as it is not some big soap opera story I can follow along. Practice practice practice. I learn a bit more each time I have a conversation with a Spanish speaker.
                      Make the world a better place....punch a hippie in the face.

Be polite to everyone but be ready to kill them at a moments notice.

Former 11B3P, airborne!

Comment

Originally posted by Traffic*Goddess
                        OOOOOH, Boy! Whatcha wanna talk about, Bubba Ray, huh? Can we talk about something fun, huh? Can we?
                        I'm gonna have to watch out for you

Would like to know how the heck you were able to get the "Grandmaster Thread Hijacker" himself to unknowingly hijack one of his own threads? That takes talent.............

Comment

You have much to learn, young grasshopper...

Comment

Originally posted by Traffic*Goddess
                            You have much to learn, young grasshopper...
                            Eh, I have Mr. Miyagi in my corner though

Comment

back on topic.. FWIW, take a look at a series here: http://www.copquest.com/39-1000.htm

Amazon.com has a few books if you reference spanish & law enforcement too

Stay safe
                              And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4252 users online. 230 members and 4022 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X