300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being called a "Pig"

Last edited by wolfgang1; 07-16-2015, 07:07 PM.
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

~Abraham Lincoln

Originally posted by CACBAND
    One of my background investigators put it best. He said, We're not looking for perfect people, they don't exist, we're looking for people who can be honest about their less than staler moments, face them, and learn from them.

I pee myself and then I cry.

Comment

Just give 'em a spritz of OC or a love zap with your Taser. Works wonders.

Comment

I have a medium sized sterling silver pig tie tack that I would often wear on my pocket flap just below my badge. It was very noticable and I wore it there on purpose. Once people see it doesn't have their desired effect on you, it loses it's appeal. Embrace it, accept it. You're gonna get called a whole lot worse anyway.

Comment

Doesn't bother me, you will learn a lot of people do not like the police as much as you do. Just makes it more fun when you put the braclets on them.
          We don't "LOL" here. This isn't facebook or some text message between BFF's who are all OMG WTFJH and DYST? We type and speak as adults. Fix yourself.

Comment

I would say if they are close enough(family close), tell them that it bothers you and more than likely they will stop. As far as others, who cares what they say. Look, the point here is that you need to not worry about the small stuff. I have been called every name in the book and you get thick skin for it. On one arrest, I had to transport the arrested guy 25 minutes to the jail. He called me a "****" the whole way to jail. The WHOLE 25 minutes straight. You will learn to laugh it off and not let it phase you. Good luck to you and stay safe brother.

Comment

Pride
              Integrity
              Guts

. . . and DAMN proud of it for thirty plus years. Need I say more?

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
              "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

yeah, people call me a 'pig' too.....co workers can be mean

Seriously, I get it from my co workers in the Navy ( I am active duty Navy/reserve Deputy), but it is all in good fun. And, if you cant take that, you wont make it on the streets when the language is not nearly as G-rated as that.

Dont sweat it. Some will do it out of jealousy, some in good spirited fun, some out of hate. You cant control that, you can only control what it does to you.
                Last edited by kermit315; 01-20-2013, 12:04 AM.

Comment

30 years ago someone on the street calling a cop a pig would have received a beat down...not such a bad thing.

Comment

No biggie. Been called a lot worse.

Comment

Been called a pig for some 36 years and counting.

I loose a part of myself every time.....................
                      My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Tell them you're trying Jenny Craig and have always been sensitive about your weight. Try to cry a little.
                        I miss you, Dave.
                        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

It bothers me so much I almost forget to cash my check every other Thursday. I really don't care what people call me as long as I'm getting paid.

Comment

It's a non-issue. Take another look at Post#10. He beat me to it.

Comment

Other Auxiliaries and Full-Time LEO (Police or other): it is mere stick-poking man-love, so roll with it;

Public: pay no attention, consider the source, be professional and move on;

Family / "friends": ask them how THEY would like it if YOU called them by some "name" that others of their occupation / resident location / race / creed considers to be a slur, then tell them to stop, either politely or a direct STFU!
                              #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                              Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                              RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                              Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                              "Smile" - no!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4508 users online. 286 members and 4222 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X