300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you ever cry on duty?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by CaptainKangaroo5691; 12-30-2013, 11:29 AM.

Back in the 70s a former partner was killed after he transferred to another area within Los Angeles County. I happened to be in the morgue when they brought in his remains. When I saw the manner in which he was wrapped in a chain link fence, I cried. His death was horrific and tragic and for that moment, it truly affected me deeply.

There have been other times when I had to fight back the tears when dealing with children who had been killed in accidents.

Although a LEO always looks stoic and controlled, there are many who have shed a tear or two at that moment in time when the emotion was far to overwhelming to control.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Yes, I have.
      Carpe Noctem

Comment

On duty? Yes. In public? No.

Comment

Yep...Not in public tho..

Comment

A few times in a private area of the station. Once, kind of in public when I stood outside the ER doctors office when he told a mother her 3 year old was dead. If you saw the movie Crash, the reaction of the mother in the movie was exactly what I heard. I lost it since my I was first on scene & my CPR failed. Firefighters caught me as my legs buckled. It was more personal than usual but I won't explain.

Comment

I had a friend murdered in the line of duty once. Do the math.
              MAC

Comment

SgtCHP, that's terrible, very sorry for your loss. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Comment

EMVAMPYRE, thanks for answering.

Comment

Michigan, thanks for answering.

Comment

Tick, thanks for answering.

Comment

Thanks eagleI, yeah I saw crash and I remember that scene. Sorry you had to go through that, thanks for answering.

Comment

Very sorry for your loss mac266, thanks for answering, I appreciate that.

Comment

yes, but like the others in private. When co workers are killed or are seriously injured, the media love to focus on officers that are openly crying at the hospital.....it's sick, but something to be aware of.
                            Last edited by Zeitgeist; 12-08-2012, 03:01 PM.
                            Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

----------------------------------------------------
                              Last edited by CaptainKangaroo5691; 12-30-2013, 11:30 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5261 users online. 370 members and 4891 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X