Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleuth
    replied
    And how many folks ever see the BACK of a badge?

Leave a comment:

• mayburymh
    replied
    Originally posted by Sleuth View Post
    A side note - USBP badges used to (perhaps still do) say on the back of the badge: "This badge not valid without acopanying credentials".

I know I can't spell!
    Still do.

Leave a comment:

• Sleuth
    replied
    A side note - USBP badges used to (perhaps still do) say on the back of the badge: "This badge not valid without acopanying credentials".

I know I can't spell!

Leave a comment:

• NYCTNT
    replied
    Where do you work?

What's your status? Title?

Do you guys make arrests?

Leave a comment:

• Chomp
    replied
    Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
    I would be more worried about the robbery suspect that is jacking you for your stuff that sees your 'shield' and decides to execute you (and possibly everyone with you) on the spot because he thinks you are a cop
    This. I see our coroner's office guys and CSI folks running around with badges on their belts all the time and it makes me cringe. At least the CSI folks get some firearm training and can carry on duty.

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    I would be more worried about the robbery suspect that is jacking you for your stuff that sees your 'shield' and decides to execute you (and possibly everyone with you) on the spot because he thinks you are a cop
    Read this a few times. Very true and has happened many times. I carry my creds when I carry my gun. No other time. It's not worth "getting" out of a ticket.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    TS, what agency are you talking about? I'm from LI, and I can't figure out who you might be employed by.

Leave a comment:

• NYCDep
    replied
    All of the ones I have seen in the LA area are the size of a credit card or CDL
    Same here in NYC area.

Leave a comment:

• LA DEP
    replied
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    All Iowa ID's I have seen ...........................and I have seen ID's for a good number of Iowa agencies

Are DL or credit card size
    All of the ones I have seen in the LA area are the size of a credit card or CDL

Leave a comment:

• mayburymh
    replied
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    Yes..............work ID's

Credentials..............................I'll bet you are a fed of somekind
    Ok, because we also get a keycard that that has our picture on it and is the same size as a credit card. It's not an official ID of any sort, though, but some guys call it an ID card.

I'm USBP. My dad was a city cop, though, for three different departments over the course of his career. His ID cards for all three departments (Louisiana, Illinois, and Massachusetts) were all about the same size that mine currently is. His retired ID is also the same size as mine, about the size of a 3x5 card. I honestly assumed most ID's were that size.

EDIT: Correction, he actually worked for two different departments in Massachusetts. One was just for three years and I was very young at the time, so I always forget about that one. I can't recall what his ID looked like for that department at all, though.
    Last edited by mayburymh; 11-19-2012, 08:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by mayburymh View Post
    When you guys talk about your ID, you're talking about the credentials that you get in conjunction with your badge, right? Just wanna make sure I'm not confusing my terms.
    Yes..............work ID's

Credentials..............................I'll bet you are a fed of somekind

Leave a comment:

• mayburymh
    replied
    When you guys talk about your ID, you're talking about the credentials that you get in conjunction with your badge, right? Just wanna make sure I'm not confusing my terms.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    I've never seen one sized so small, although I've only seen ID's for a handfull of different agencies other than my own. I'm rather jealous, must say. Anyway, thanks for the info, and sorry for changing the subject.
    All Iowa ID's I have seen ...........................and I have seen ID's for a good number of Iowa agencies

Are DL or credit card size

Leave a comment:

• mayburymh
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
    Ours are the same ize (roughly as a dl, credit card etc
    Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
    Yes! It is the same size card.................
    I've never seen one sized so small, although I've only seen ID's for a handfull of different agencies other than my own. I'm rather jealous, must say. Anyway, thanks for the info, and sorry for changing the subject.

Leave a comment:

• SgtCHP
    replied
    Not meaning to shift the focus of the thread, but is your ID really small enough to fit behind your driver's license?
    Yes! It is the same size card.................

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4542 users online. 267 members and 4275 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X