300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ours are the same ize (roughly as a dl, credit card etc
    For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Originally posted by mayburymh View Post
      Not meaning to shift the focus of the thread, but is your ID really small enough to fit behind your driver's license?
      Yes! It is the same size card.................
      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
        Ours are the same ize (roughly as a dl, credit card etc
        Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
        Yes! It is the same size card.................
        I've never seen one sized so small, although I've only seen ID's for a handfull of different agencies other than my own. I'm rather jealous, must say. Anyway, thanks for the info, and sorry for changing the subject.

Comment

I've never seen one sized so small, although I've only seen ID's for a handfull of different agencies other than my own. I'm rather jealous, must say. Anyway, thanks for the info, and sorry for changing the subject.
          All Iowa ID's I have seen ...........................and I have seen ID's for a good number of Iowa agencies

Are DL or credit card size
          My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

When you guys talk about your ID, you're talking about the credentials that you get in conjunction with your badge, right? Just wanna make sure I'm not confusing my terms.

Comment

When you guys talk about your ID, you're talking about the credentials that you get in conjunction with your badge, right? Just wanna make sure I'm not confusing my terms.
              Yes..............work ID's

Credentials..............................I'll bet you are a fed of somekind
              My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                Yes..............work ID's

Credentials..............................I'll bet you are a fed of somekind
                Ok, because we also get a keycard that that has our picture on it and is the same size as a credit card. It's not an official ID of any sort, though, but some guys call it an ID card.

I'm USBP. My dad was a city cop, though, for three different departments over the course of his career. His ID cards for all three departments (Louisiana, Illinois, and Massachusetts) were all about the same size that mine currently is. His retired ID is also the same size as mine, about the size of a 3x5 card. I honestly assumed most ID's were that size.

EDIT: Correction, he actually worked for two different departments in Massachusetts. One was just for three years and I was very young at the time, so I always forget about that one. I can't recall what his ID looked like for that department at all, though.
                Last edited by mayburymh; 11-19-2012, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                  All Iowa ID's I have seen ...........................and I have seen ID's for a good number of Iowa agencies

Are DL or credit card size
                  All of the ones I have seen in the LA area are the size of a credit card or CDL
                  The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                    All of the ones I have seen in the LA area are the size of a credit card or CDL
                    Same here in NYC area.
                    “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

TS, what agency are you talking about? I'm from LI, and I can't figure out who you might be employed by.
                      Chuck

Comment

I would be more worried about the robbery suspect that is jacking you for your stuff that sees your 'shield' and decides to execute you (and possibly everyone with you) on the spot because he thinks you are a cop
                        Read this a few times. Very true and has happened many times. I carry my creds when I carry my gun. No other time. It's not worth "getting" out of a ticket.
                        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

I would be more worried about the robbery suspect that is jacking you for your stuff that sees your 'shield' and decides to execute you (and possibly everyone with you) on the spot because he thinks you are a cop
                          This. I see our coroner's office guys and CSI folks running around with badges on their belts all the time and it makes me cringe. At least the CSI folks get some firearm training and can carry on duty.

Comment

Where do you work?

What's your status? Title?

Do you guys make arrests?
                            Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

A side note - USBP badges used to (perhaps still do) say on the back of the badge: "This badge not valid without acopanying credentials".

I know I can't spell!
                              "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                              John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by Sleuth View Post
                                A side note - USBP badges used to (perhaps still do) say on the back of the badge: "This badge not valid without acopanying credentials".

I know I can't spell!
                                Still do.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4565 users online. 267 members and 4298 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X