Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hair Follicle Test and 2nd Hand Smoke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hair Follicle Test and 2nd Hand Smoke

    In about a month or so, I have to take my drug test for Philly PD which consists of both urine and hair. Here's the issue: Last April, some people at a party I was at were smoking marijuana. I don't think it was very much, and it was outside. This is the only time I've been around it. I know that hair tests are much more accurate than urine tests, so I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not I could potentially test positive in early October for marijuana because I was around it last April. Info from anybody is much appreciated.

  • #2
    Question for you. Prior to going to the party, where you aware that some pot heads would be there? Follow up question: How long did you stay after discovering that some folks were smoking pot? Answer to these questions could be more potentially of more concern to you than the question you asked.

    Comment


    • #3
      Not sure the time line but yes it is possible. I have worked a lot of concerts and rap shows everyone likes to lite up. Nothing you can do about it because you would eject half the venue.

      A coworker tested positive for a drug test to be a nurse; urine came back clean hair was not so clear. If it is that big a deal they can do the test with body hair which shouldn't have been exposed to the 2nd hand smoke.

      Comment


      • #4
        What they test is what's IN the hair, not necessarily out of it. Wash your hair. If you did not puff the magic dragon, your good.
        Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
          Question for you. Prior to going to the party, where you aware that some pot heads would be there? Follow up question: How long did you stay after discovering that some folks were smoking pot? Answer to these questions could be more potentially of more concern to you than the question you asked.
          Had no idea there would be any smoking going on. And I didn't leave the party because it was only 3 or 4 people doing it, I did go back inside and upstairs away from it after about 5 minutes.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
            What they test is what's IN the hair, not necessarily out of it. Wash your hair. If you did not puff the magic dragon, your good.
            I get that part, but since there was second hand smoke was in the air that I was breathing for a few minutes, is it possible that it got into my system that way?

            Comment


            • #7
              No, you wont be able to blame your positive test results on second hand smoke. Stop smokin dope.
              Certified troll.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                No, you wont be able to blame your positive test results on second hand smoke. Stop smokin dope.
                Thanks for the sarcastic, worthless response. People come on this forum to ask serious questions and get serious answers.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TempleRyan View Post
                  Thanks for the sarcastic, worthless response. People come on this forum to ask serious questions and get serious answers.
                  Oh my dear gracious. It's happened again. I can't believe it. You actually think I give a ****. Awe, too cute.
                  Certified troll.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                    Oh my dear gracious. It's happened again. I can't believe it. You actually think I give a ****. Awe, too cute.
                    Go make jokes on your own time. This is not a joke website, people come here seeking officers' expertise.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TempleRyan View Post
                      Go make jokes on your own time. This is not a joke website, people come here seeking officers' expertise.
                      The rest of us were thinking it, he just stated it

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TempleRyan View Post
                        Had no idea there would be any smoking going on. And I didn't leave the party because it was only 3 or 4 people doing it, I did go back inside and upstairs away from it after about 5 minutes.
                        OK on the first part. You screwed up on the second. Should have left. You might be questioned concerning that.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TempleRyan View Post
                          Go make jokes on your own time. This is not a joke website, people come here seeking officers' expertise.
                          1. It wasn't a joke.

                          2. This is my own time.

                          3. YOU come here seeking advice, I come here to give it. I can choose how to give it, when to give it and to whom I give it to.

                          4. This site is entertainment for me. I come here to shoot the **** and in occasion help the people I think deserve it.

                          5. Good luck attempting to get to where I am and have been for some time. ; ) #winning
                          Certified troll.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                            The rest of us were thinking it, he just stated it
                            Well I don't appreciate the insinuations that I'm lying or misrepresenting the facts. My integrity is extremely important to me. I came in here asking for advice. If you think for some reason that I'm being dishonest, then so be it. I can't convince you over the internet that I'm a man of integrity, and I don't need to. I appreciate any other input anybody may have.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              You're mistake was that as an aspiring Police Officer you didn't leave the party when the pot came out...you choose to stick around...by your own admissions you stuck around the smokers for five minutes....really??? Five minutes around people smoking dope .... you do realize why we would think this is just an excuse to blame your positive results on second hand smoke don't you....you don't have to like the answers we give and can get as butt hurt as you'd like...non of us care too much because we're already where you want to be.

                              Comment

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 8235 users online. 246 members and 7989 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                              Working...
                              X