300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexual assault detective, the basic steps from report to prosecution

A young girl that is raped by her father and impregnated. The girl reports anonymously to a detective that a man is sexually abusing his children. (The man being her own father)

She has also used an audio recording device to record the terribly haunting incident which she has been a part of.

There are two huge pieces of evidence against the perpetrator.

1. Audio device depicting clearly what has taken place.

2. DNA evidence inside her own body.

I just need to know what happens in between the police being aware of the situation and up until everyone is in court.

Within this scenario, the detective will probably question the girl and she will present the evidence to the detective. What would the detective do to protect the girl in this situation? Would he take her to the police station? If so, where would she go from there? Because, obviously, he can't leave her in her house with her father....

Thanks!
    Last edited by rokman; 08-22-2012, 12:37 PM.

Originally posted by rokman View Post
    Here's my situation. I'm writing a screenplay about a young girl that is raped by her father and impregnated. Within the story, the girl reports anonymously to a detective that a man is sexually abusing his children. (The man being her own father)

She has also used an audio recording device to record the terribly haunting incident which she has been a part of.

I just need to know what happens in between the police being aware of the situation and up until everyone is in court.

Within this scenario, the detective will probably question the main character (the girl) and she will present the evidence to the detective. What would the detective do to protect the girl in this situation? Would he take her to the police station? If so, where would she go from there? Because, obviously, he can't leave her in her house with her father....

Thanks!
    This morning I was investigating a very large bowel movement that I had unloaded into my toilet. I noticed corn, a lot of corn. This was fascinating to me because I have not eatin any corn this month.

Comment

The detective would go to Amazon and buy a book on police procedure for authors.
      I miss you, Dave.
      http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

In general, we don't do homework assignments or help aspiring writers.

Comment

Originally posted by rokman View Post
          A young girl that is raped by her father and impregnated. The girl reports anonymously to a detective that a man is sexually abusing his children. (The man being her own father)

Within this scenario, the detective will probably question the girl and she will present the evidence to the detective. What would the detective do to protect the girl in this situation? Would he take her to the police station? If so, where would she go from there? Because, obviously, he can't leave her in her house with her father....

Thanks!
          While not a universal rule, the vast majority of us will not provide support to budding authors, hopeful screenplay writers, docudrama wonks or kids with their homework assignments. Save for the last category, some and myself included would consider providing consultation for a fee since you likely intend to profit from not just our expertise but also our original thoughts; all of which I value.

Nothing too formal, but if you want to engage one or several of us in your writing endeavor, we could discuss the fee schedule offline.
          Originally posted by SSD
          It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
          Originally posted by Iowa #1603
          And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

*************** has a section where writers can ask questions

Oops, aparently I can't list the name of a competing website - the system automatically censors it.

Needless to say, somewhere out there I suspect you will find Real Police running a Net that may help you with your questions.
            Last edited by L-1; 08-22-2012, 02:22 PM.
            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
              *************** has a section where writers can ask questions
              One can only wonder what salacious word you used that resulted in FIFTEEN asterisks.

Let’s try and figure it out: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
              Originally posted by SSD
              It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.

Comment

How do you know we're not just a bunch of posers? You have no way of confirming that we really are LEOs or that the information we are providing you with is accurate, especially when the information is going to be used in an article/book/etc.

Try taking a trip on down to your local PD. I'm sure there are plenty of Officers you can interview about the subject.
                Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

Your query has been pretty well answered, although possibly not to your satisfaction. The reasons have been stated. I'd be happy to consult with you, however my fees would probably be what you'd consider prohibitive. Hell, they even scare me.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                    Your query has been pretty well answered, although possibly not to your satisfaction. The reasons have been stated. I'd be happy to consult with you, however my fees would probably be what you'd consider prohibitive. Hell, they even scare me.
                    I already made the offer to consult for a fee. I will take offers starting at $300.00 an hour plus royalties.
                    Originally posted by SSD

Comment

Originally posted by sgt jon View Post
                      I already made the offer to consult for a fee. I will take offers starting at $300.00 an hour plus royalties.

Pretty reasonable rate there Jon . I'm asking 10% on royalties and an additional 10% of the gross for movie rights. That's in addition to my hourly rate of $375.00 per hour, with a four hour minimum.

Comment

I'll make this easy for you OP.

Call me. I'll beat 'em both. 1% royalties and $200.00 an hour.

Comment

In light of the attempt by Michigan to undercut my retirement fund, I will take .999% on the royalties and drop my per hour fee to $195.95. I do require a base of five hours work though.
                          Originally posted by SSD

Comment

Ok, there is only one way to settle this.

OP, you get all three of us or none of us. $250 an hour, plus 2% royalties and $10,000 signing bonus- each. You should of acted earlier.

Comment

I'll throw you one free bone, kind of. Ever hear of a foster home?
                              Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7306 users online. 434 members and 6872 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X