300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I make sure there wont be a warrant

I got a ticket for not having a certain license with me in a wildlife management area. I just didn't have it on me, it's active and I just have to plead not guilty, and show them that I have an active stamp for what I was doing. I thought I had it in my wallet where I usually keep it but it just wasn't there, oh well. My fault. It's like a parking ticket, definitely no big deal.

I have about 30 days now to mail in or go to the court house, get a court date, then I have to go to court and show them I'm legit and I'll be on my way. I hear about people going to court and getting warrants still after all their stuff is taken care of. I don't want that to happen. How can I prevent that?

Appear in court on your court date and do what the judge says.
    "Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
    Watch your words, for they become actions.
    Watch your actions, for they become habits.
    Watch your habits, for they become character.
    Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
      I got a ticket for not having a certain license with me in a wildlife management area. I just didn't have it on me, it's active and I just have to plead not guilty, and show them that I have an active stamp for what I was doing. I thought I had it in my wallet where I usually keep it but it just wasn't there, oh well. My fault. It's like a parking ticket, definitely no big deal.

I have about 30 days now to mail in or go to the court house, get a court date, then I have to go to court and show them I'm legit and I'll be on my way. I hear about people going to court and getting warrants still after all their stuff is taken care of. I don't want that to happen. How can I prevent that?

Taylor, it IS a big deal, and potentially far more serious than a parking ticket. Still, it shouldn't be the end of the world. Simply appear as directed on the citation, show that you have the stamp in question, and the charge will probably be dismissed. Don't be so concerned about what you hear. You'll have a better chance of being struck by lightning.

Comment

Alright thanks. The guy told me it was similar to a parking ticket and wont even show up, especially after I get it dismissed. I just want to show them I was legal and put it behind me as soon as possible!

Comment

The fact being that from time to time a court errors and warrants are issued for cases that were otherwise closed should not weigh that heavily on you. While I cant cite exact figures, they are certainly relatively low compared to the thousands of cases that pass without issue.

If and I stress “if” you are one of the few unfortunate souls whose case is closed yet still results in an erroneous warrant, and you are by chance stopped by the police, and there is a warrant out for you; cooperate fully with the officer while politely explaining that the case was settled. This does not mean you will not potentially take a ride with the nice officer, but it may help them to figure things out.

FWIW: 99.99999% of the folks I picked up all said the warrant was issued in “error” , that their license was “not” suspended, that they were “current” on child support and so on. Out of those folks, perhaps one or two were somewhat right. The rest were fully aware of their status.
          Originally posted by SSD
          It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
          Originally posted by Iowa #1603
          And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9613 users online. 383 members and 9230 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
          X