Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question to all cops especially those who risk it all to serve warrants.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to all cops especially those who risk it all to serve warrants.

I am a total law enforcement advocate, im somewhat at ease knowing there is someone I can call for help in my most desperate times when my life for my family's life is in danger. When police serve warrants especially no knock warrants they dont have time to present the actual document until after the scene is clear and secured. I am an armed citizen and I never will comit any crime that will bring cops to my door, my guns are simply for recreation and protection of my self my wife my baby girl and my property. However, lets ay the local cops are serving a warrant in my neighborhood and accidentally came to my house because of some error, and my door gets kicked in I hear Police search warrant!! and I reach for my gun because I know this could not be posibble because Im a law abiding citizen, what would happen to me?

I know your first thought may be why would you reach for a gun after hearing the cop identify themselves, reason being, I know of 2 people that died recently in home invasions recently in the Philadelphia area, one being a close friend of mine, because the perps identify themselves as cops serving a no knock warrant, which is what spark my question in the first place.

1. I only "risk it all" to get hot donuts and be the first one in line.

However, lets ay the local cops are serving a warrant in my neighborhood and accidentally came to my house because of some error, and my door gets kicked in I hear Police search warrant!! and I reach for my gun because I know this could not be posibble because Im a law abiding citizen, what would happen to me?
    2. You would be shot by everyone with a gun until the gun you were holding dropped from your hands.
    Certified troll.

Comment

exactly what I thought, I guess its just a 50/50 chance, I just have to leave the gun at bay and pray that these guys are actual cops. RIP to my friend though, he was like a brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
        1. I only "risk it all" to get hot donuts and be the first one in line.

2. You would be shot by everyone with a gun until the gun you were holding dropped from your hands.
        You say it as if its something fun to do, you added the mental image and all. Were you a part of the Sean Bell incident? JK.

Comment

1.The chances of the police issuing a warrant on the wrong house and coming to your house is slim.

2. The chances of the police issuing a NO KNOCK warrant on the wrong house and coming to your house is much, much slimer.

3. The chances of the police issuing a NO KNOCK warrant on the wrong house and coming to your house and then upon entry, yelling, "POLICE!" and then, you continue to reach for a weapon still without noticing that there are several men, dressed in tactical gear, with bright lights on their guns, yelling "police" in unison wasn't really the POLICE and just some "mob hit" to take your last beer from the fridge is so fricken slim I think you would have a better chance eating your own face.
          Certified troll.

Comment

People that impersonate the Police and do home invasions don't just pick houses out of thin air to hit. There's usually a reason (see dope dealer's residence). Chances of P/O's also hitting the wrong house don't happen as often as some would lead you to believe. You may have a better chance of getting hit by lightning that either of the 2 scenarios happening to you.

And as others have said, if you point a gun at the Police, in all likelihood you will get killed.

And Michigan answered this while I was typing my reply.
            Last edited by ChiTownDet; 07-10-2012, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Thank you guys for all the answers, I feel alot better now, atleast less paranoid. All I do is work, go to church and hang out with my wife and child anyway so I dont see any of the above happening in the future. ChiTownDet I really appreciate your approach to answering this concern. I have utmost respect for all you guys and I pray that you all make it home to your respective families every day.

Comment

Here are the possible outcomes if you reach for a gun in those circumstances:

1. The police shoot you.

2. You shoot a cop, then the police shoot you.

3. You shoot a cop and go to jail/probably get executed (depending on the state) for killing a police officer.

4. They're not the police but they still shoot you because you're pointing a gun at them and/or they wanted to shoot you anyway.

5. You shoot a police impersonator.

As you can see, most of the possible outcomes are very very bad. Don't reach for your gun.

Comment

Originally posted by u.davis View Post
                  I am a total law enforcement advocate, im somewhat at ease knowing there is someone I can call for help in my most desperate times when my life for my family's life is in danger.
                  Contradicting statement...no, you are not a "total law enforcement advocate."

When police serve warrants especially no knock warrants they dont have time to present the actual document until after the scene is clear and secured. I am an armed citizen and I never will comit any crime that will bring cops to my door, my guns are simply for recreation and protection of my self my wife my baby girl and my property. However, lets ay the local cops are serving a warrant in my neighborhood and accidentally came to my house because of some error, and my door gets kicked in I hear Police search warrant!! and I reach for my gun because I know this could not be posibble because Im a law abiding citizen, what would happen to me?
                  Why would you think something like this would happen? Even by mistake?? Got something you are not sharing with the group, Skippy? And what would happen? You would get killed more than likely. At minimum, shot several times until the threat to the officers was ended.

I know your first thought may be why would you reach for a gun after hearing the cop identify themselves, reason being, I know of 2 people that died recently in home invasions recently in the Philadelphia area, one being a close friend of mine, because the perps identify themselves as cops serving a no knock warrant, which is what spark my question in the first place.
                  Home invasions, as stated by one of my esteemed colleagues earlier, happen to people who are KNOWN by the bad guys to have items of value in their homes that the bad guys want. Usually it is large quantities of dope and cash, and maybe jewelry. So, what, exactly, are you not telling the group again?
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Smurfette
                  Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                  Originally posted by DAL
                  You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

[QUOTE=FJDave;3096141]Contradicting statement...no, you are not a "total law enforcement advocate."
                    Please clarify? Explain why in your opinion im not a law enforcement advocate.

Why would you think something like this would happen? Even by mistake?? Got something you are not sharing with the group, Skippy? And what would happen? You would get killed more than likely. At minimum, shot several times until the threat to the officers was ended.

The reason why I think this could happen is because it happened to a close friend of mine who was not associated with any criminals, he lived in a nice neighborhood, he was a church going God fearing person. It was just a brutal case of, lets rob a random house dressed as cops, they wont know what hit them. I have absolutely nothing to hide, the worst crime I ever comitted is probably speeding or not returning someones pen.

Comment

If you look out your window and see police cars parked directly outside with lights and or sirens on, followed by the police yelling "POLICE!" And you still have enough doubt in your mind that you reach for a gun to shoot a police officer, you will have NO justification in court, if you are alive to make it there.
                      "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

Question To All Cops Especially Those Who Risk It All To Serve Warrants.

I did a lot of warrants before I retired and I was also involved in civil process. People also need to keep in mind that there are occasions where lawful entry can be made and NO criminal activity has been involved. For example, lets say you rent a home and are current in rent, BUT the owner defaults on the mortgage, at some point a deputy sheriff may end up there to enforce a court order. There is also a good chance thgat he (or she) will NOT be in uniform or in a marked car.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                          People that impersonate the Police and do home invasions don't just pick houses out of thin air to hit. There's usually a reason (see dope dealer's residence). Chances of P/O's also hitting the wrong house don't happen as often as some would lead you to believe. You may have a better chance of getting hit by lightning that either of the 2 scenarios happening to you.

And as others have said, if you point a gun at the Police, in all likelihood you will get killed.

And Michigan answered this while I was typing my reply.
                          This is it right here....In Phoenix I can't think of one home invasion where the victim was an actual victim...they "victim" was targeted for a specific reason....not saying your friend fits this category because I'm not familiar with the goings on in PA but out here it's a whole other story.

Comment

Right.....post a link to your innoent friend and his home invasion. I'm sure it was in the news.
                            For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

I've always been a little skeptical of posters who begin their message with "I'm a total law enforcement advocate," I support the police" etc. It's possible that you do support the efforts of law enforcement, but as a rule, posters who open with that type statement, often have an agenda. My colleagues have more than adequately answered your question. In the rare, and I do mean rare event that the police do in fact, go to the wrong venue to serve a warrant, you can bet that our peerless media will play that for all it's worth. This has been noted, but I'll repeat it once more, if only to reinforce your peace of mind. You have a much greater chance of being struck by lightening, being injured or killed in a traffic accident, being B.S.d by the media(Hell, that happens every day) than you do of being mistakenly targeted by the cops with any kind of warrant. Enjoy your time with your family, and the things you do together. Play a little less "What if?" Life is simply too short.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10698 users online. 413 members and 10285 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X