Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you or have you worked undercover?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Would you or have you worked undercover?

    Hello, my cousin is a police officer and worked night shifts in uniform for years. He also joined like a SWAT team (not sure if it was really SWAT or just something similar). But recently, he's joined an undercover team and has completely changed his look. I didn't even recognize him!

    The family isn't so happy about it, and he has a wife and a 2-year-old girl. I can't help but picture horrible things when thinking about him working.

    Anyhoo, just curious if anyone would want to do that or has done it. If you have done it, is it as nasty as I keep imaging? I mean, being a cop is a dangerous enough job. Undercover work just seems worse to me.

  • #2
    I know hundreds of former undercover officers who have turned out very well. VERY few have had problems....................


    It is dangerous work, but most places have good procedures in place to cover their staff

    Comment


    • #3
      If I was undercover, how would I get my free coffee?
      I miss you, Dave.
      http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

      Comment


      • #4
        I've worked with a great many officers who worked undercover and they are excellent cops and good people in general with healthy family lives and are generally well adjusted. With that said, it's just not something for me. Dangerous work and just not the sort of policing I'm in to.

        Comment


        • #5
          Yes and yes. Just have yout cousins family follow him at work and everything will be A okay.
          Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

          Comment


          • #6
            UC work is not always like you see on TV, a la Donnie Brasco. It can be in some agencies or for some UC's working long-term cases, operating undercover businesses, etc. But for most agencies/UC's, not usually. That's just been my experience, though.
            "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

            Comment


            • #7
              I have a few friends assigned to a Vice/Narc Unit. They say that only 30% of their time is spent in an UC role. The other 70% of the time is spent dealing with informants, writing search warrants, and conducting surveillance. They all seem to have no problem juggling their work and personal life.
              Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

              Comment


              • #8
                Two years. I would not do it again, JMHO.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
                  Yes and yes. Just have yout cousins family follow him at work and everything will be A okay.
                  What he said! ^
                  Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I would jump at the chance to go work undercover if it was presented to me. Of course, I'd grow the goatee to complement the 'stache but I'd also grow a freakin' mullet, wear 80's bands t-shirts and try to score me a early 90's beat up black camaro. I'd be going for the trailer trash look to blend in.

                    Comment

                    What's Going On

                    Collapse

                    There are currently 7907 users online. 324 members and 7583 guests.

                    Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                    Working...
                    X