300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 week period prior to the Academy

Hello everyone, just go my final offer of employment yesterday and had a quick question. I start on 3/19 and go to the Academy 2 weeks later. Any idea what I will be doing in the 2 week period? Thanks in advance.

In most cases:
    Filling out forms
    Orientation to the Department
    Filling out forms
    Tour of the dept & jail
    Filling out forms
    Reading the manual or Orders book
    Filling out form.
    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
    John Stuart Mill

Comment

What ever your boss wants you to do

As one applicant/hire found out (and complained about here recently) maybe even janitorial work in the office.
      My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

bcasey88, what academy are you going for and for what department? My employment starts on March 19th and the academy two weeks later. I am going for SCMPD. I have been trying to find information on the academy for a while. Best of luck!

Comment

SCMPD as well. I don't really know much about the academy. I believe it's in Savannah, but I attempted to call there and didn't find out much.

Comment

It's weird how you two are have only 2 posts and are both going to the same academy.
            It's freaky
            MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Haha. That is pretty odd.

Comment

Anyone attending the academy for SCMPD that has some information about what to expect during the initial 2 weeks and then what the academy is like? I'm scheduled to go to the July academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4245 users online. 247 members and 3998 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X