300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirt Stays

Do any of you know where to get good shirt stays online? I am a tall guy at 6'6 and my undershirt bunches up along with my uniform shirt and untuck.

The ones I recently got at ( http://www.militaryclothing.com/IBS/...id/610745.html ) are crap and do not attach to the socks.

Thanks.

Go with "shirt lock". I've been using it for two years now and love it. Google it. I think I bought mine off amazon.com. It's a belt basically.

Comment

Those are twin twangers ya got!

6 ft 6 ?? That is pulling the rubberband waaayyyy back!
      How do you get into a patrol car??

Stirrups are the best! Not to mention they won't twang the twins. They are available at most LE/Military websites...or you can google
      "shirt stays strirrup style."
      Last edited by deputy x 2; 02-29-2012, 05:01 PM.
      This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
        Those are twin twangers ya got!

6 ft 6 ?? That is pulling the rubberband waaayyyy back!
        How do you get into a patrol car??

Stirrups are the best!
        The Tahoe is fine and CV ain't bad, but the Impala can be tough. There is one Officer who is almost 7 ft. I feel bad for him when he gets assigned to a post where the car for that post is an Impala.

I might end up just using safety pins and pin my undershirt to my underwear.
        Last edited by LINY; 02-29-2012, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Huh?? Safety pin on the underwear??? Yikes

Seriously..I used to tuck my shirt into my underwear. Our pants had this rubber thing around the waistline that also prevented the shirt from slipping.

Use the search feature "shirt stays" you'll get some more ideas
          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
            Go with "shirt lock". I've been using it for two years now and love it. Google it. I think I bought mine off amazon.com. It's a belt basically.
            Thanks, I will definitely try that out as it looks like it will work better than the stays.

Comment

I used shirt stays for years until I got sick of them. I found them to be really, really uncomfortable. Everyone said that I was wearing them too tight but when I loosened them up I still found them to be uncomfortable. I do not like them and only wear them for special events.

However, I do find them to hold your shirt in the best. I have tried the rubber belt and it does work and is far more comfortable than shirt stays. I found that they stink after a while and if you loose the metal piece it doesn't really work anymore.

Another thing, I found that when I wore shirt stays I could not run as fast. The first time I was hindered by them during a foot chase I didn't wear them anymore. To eaches own, though.

Btw, I bought my stuff on eBay or amazon. You save a lot of money over the shipping that you pay on others websites.

Comment

I think I'm just going to use a normal 1.5 leather belt instead of buying anything. I've been out all night so far and my uniform hasn't untucked once, which is great since I look really sharp now instead of a soup sandwich so I got what I was looking for.

I wouldn't have figured this out if it wasn't for the sticky belt suggestion though, so thanks for that.
                Last edited by LINY; 02-29-2012, 10:56 PM.

Comment

If you are wearing them where they go straight down to your socks, you're wearing them wrong. They wrap around the leg, below the knee. I hat ethe stirrup style and only use the 4 separate stays. They never pop off.

Comment

I'm 6'6 myself and found the sticky belt the best. Each one lasts me about a year. www.stickybelt.com
                    Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

I have the stirrup style of shirt stays (they are looped at the bottom and you place your foot through the loop so no nut slaps). They work fantastic. I don't find them uncomfortable at all and I'd say maybe once a week I'll sit at a funny angle which causes 1/4th of the stays to pop off.

I've had mine for 2 years and they are going strong, they loosened up a little bit with wear so I don't feel they hinder my at all during my normal shift, I don't even feel them anymore.

Comment

Vanguard (stirrup) shirt stays; I've been on the same $7.50 pair for almost 3 years now, and they still work great.
                        http://www.vanguardmil.com/shirt-stays-black-p-27.html

Comment

Also, side note. If you're in really good shape you will notice that you don't even need to wear anything. If you fill out your shirt with muscle(not fat) your uniform will look good. I know this from back when I was in shape...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
                            Also, side note. If you're in really good shape you will notice that you don't even need to wear anything. If you fill out your shirt with muscle(not fat) your uniform will look good. I know this from back when I was in shape...lol.

That is a false assumption in many cases.
                            Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

I find industrial staples work best. I used to use nails, but it was annoying having to keep a hammer in my locker.
                              “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3268 users online. 160 members and 3108 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X