300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for louisiana police.

Allright heres the deal. I live next to a game room-hamburger joint. A lot of people come over there at night with the radios pumped up all they will go,the loud booming gets very irritating to me. I was advised by someone that louisiana had a law stating that no matter if the music is inside or outside the city limits, if the music can be heard over 25 feet. the person playing the music can be given a citation, and in the case of the music being loud at a place of business the owners of the business can also get a citation. Can someone please tell me if this is true or false. Because i hate calling the sheriffs office. and they can't do anything about it. I might have to speak to the s.o. anyway, but i'm hoping that someone from this state can tell me. Also who should i ask about the law? Should i go the s.o. or should i speak to someone else about it. I don't know and i really hope someone here can help me out. Thanks in advance for any info. Ya'll stay safe out there.

------------------
    We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors... but they all have to learn to live in the same box.

There is a law about loud music in Louisiana. It's called Disturbing the Peace by Loud Music.

Now I can't speak for everywhere in Louisiana, because depending on exactly where you live, you will have an ordinance in place to clarify local laws.

For instance, I live in Alexandria and there is no set footage in which you have to hear the music.

So to answer your question, yes whoever is playing the loud music can and will get a citation. If the music is coming from a place of business, then the manager/owner can get the citation.

In addition, if the music is coming from a vehicle on a roadway, I charge them with Excessive Vehicle Noise. If it's coming from a private lot, I charge them with Disturbing the Peace by Loud Music which carries a $500 fine.

------------------
    Without the support of our fellow officers, sometimes we have no support at all.

Comment

Tahnks a lot, cajun cop. I live in washington parish. I did speak to a deputy today. He told me that he was not sure if it is 25 feet or 50 feet. He also told me about the loud music from vehicles. Thanks again for the info. Have a good one. (T***)

------------------
      We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors... but they all have to learn to live in the same box.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3260 users online. 251 members and 3009 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X