300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescription Drugs

I was watching COPS tonight, a woman was arrested for having Hydrocodone on her, she said she had a prescription at home. I am sure that was a lie, the officer said it is illegal to carry prescription drugs like that and he arrested her.

My question is, is it illegal to carry prescription drugs if you really have a prescription for that drug in an unlabeled container? I carry mine in an unmarked container but when I travel for more than a week or out of the country I carry them in the prescription bottles. I don't take anything that is controlled.
    It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

I'll need to look up the law to see all the requirements, but I can tell you that the chances that someone with 30 pain killers w/o an Rx container is almost never legit.
    It also comes down in large to part to what it is, and how you act. I'm not going to jam-up some asthmatic with there inhaler and no box for it (no one caries the the inhaler box). Are the 70 year old that 2 pain killers in a necklace holder, see were I'm going with this?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
    (")_(")
    Copy and paste Bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Yes, it's illegal to possess a controlled substance except in a valid prescription container with the label attached, and prescribed to you. Even if you have a valid prescription it must be in the original labeled container.

Comment

I guess this is more for the controlled drugs that are the issue? If I am on a pain killer I am likely at home and have carried that in the container it came in.

I do take something that is not controlled and have it with vitamins in a daily container, I carry it with me. I also am not hanging out in questionable areas and acting like someone you would question or search.
        It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

Comment

In Georgia it is illegal. It is called Drugs not in original container. They put them in those containers for a reason. Leave em' in it.
          "Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
          Watch your words, for they become actions.
          Watch your actions, for they become habits.
          Watch your habits, for they become character.
          Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

Originally posted by Justsaying View Post
            I guess this is more for the controlled drugs that are the issue? If I am on a pain killer I am likely at home and have carried that in the container it came in.

I do take something that is not controlled and have it with vitamins in a daily container, I carry it with me. I also am not hanging out in questionable areas and acting like someone you would question or search.
            Does it matter legally no, but personally like I said it can at times be a judgment call. Personally I would not risk it with any pills. It's like Albuterol, it's not going to get you high, so why should I worry if you don't have the box for it?
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

Also I'd be careful with vitamins, you don't want them mistaken for something they aren't. If you have known Rx meds mixed with "vitamins," I going to have to wonder if they are really "vitamins."
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

Here's the text I said I'd lookup

"Except for the purpose of current use by the person or animal for whom such substance was prescribed or dispensed, it shall be unlawful for an ultimate user of controlled substances to possess such substance outside of the original container in which it was dispensed."
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

Yes, it's illegal to even have a non-controlled substance prescription out of its container, although as mentioned by someone else above if you have your asthma inhaler in your pocket no one is going to bat an eye. However, having a prescription bottle filled with lots of mystery pills is definitely going to raise some eyebrows.

Comment

Thank you for your replies.

Comment

My question is, is it illegal to carry prescription drugs if you really have a prescription for that drug in an unlabeled container?
                      Yes

I carry mine in an unmarked container but when I travel for more than a week or out of the country I carry them in the prescription bottles. I don't take anything that is controlled.
                      Your pharmacist can provide you with a copy of the label................to attach to a container. That would make it completely legal

Comment

If you carry a months worth of a controlled narcotic pills in the cellophane from a cigarette pack in your sock while walking down the block to the 7-11 located on "Dope Dealer & Ho Stroll Blvd." you may run into a problem if stopped...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9640 users online. 379 members and 9261 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                        X