Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is tail gating illegal in your city town county?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is tail gating illegal in your city town county?

Here in Florida the tail gating is horribe. Have you ever been tail gated? while on patrol? is it illegal in your area? i really hope it gets to a point that people are rewarded with a hefty fine.
    **Just never give up, even when the odds are against you**

Yes, I'm sure it is in most jurisdictions.
    Last edited by USMARINE; 10-07-2011, 09:33 PM.
    "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
    I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

Not in my state

http://coolice.legis.state.ia.us/coo...&input=321.307

321.307 FOLLOWING TOO CLOSELY.
      The driver of a motor vehicle shall not follow another vehicle
      more closely than is reasonable and prudent, having due regard for
      the speed of such vehicles and the traffic upon and the condition of
      the highway.
      My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Following too Close in Georgia, too. I write for it sometimes, as it does lead to accidents. The first vehicle passes a point on the road, I count two seconds, and if the second vehicle passes before I finish, then it's too close.
        Originally posted by Ceridwen
        Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Originally posted by dontknowwhy View Post
          Following too Close in Georgia, too. I write for it sometimes, as it does lead to accidents. The first vehicle passes a point on the road, I count two seconds, and if the second vehicle passes before I finish, then it's too close.
          i think i'm going to start writing it more........based on my own accident reports, its the most common primary cause for collisions by a far margin

Comment

Originally posted by msoler29 View Post
            Here in Florida the tail gating is horribe. Have you ever been tail gated? while on patrol?
            Yep, and than to top it off they passed me on a double yellow. How stupid can you get? She was even honest when I asked if she knew why we were talking, in her own words, "yeah, I was ridding your ---, for about a mile before I passed." Thank you for the awesome quote to use on my PC statement.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
            (")_(")
            Copy and paste Bunny into your
            signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Yes. The last guy to do it was a firefighter. He was going to get a break until he pulled the "I'm a better driver than you" card.

Comment

Following too close is a violation in Texas. Better believe I enforce it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
                  i think i'm going to start writing it more........based on my own accident reports, its the most common primary cause for collisions by a far margin
                  In TX it's Following too Close, but if it actually causes a collision it's Failure to Maintain Assured Clear Distance.

Based on the thread title, I thought you meant tailgating before/during football games, which I think will always be legal in Texas.
                  "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

In CA, section 21703 of the Vehicle Code covers the offense:

Following Too Closely

21703. The driver of a motor vehicle shall not follow another vehicle more closely than is reasonable and prudent, having due regard for the speed of such vehicle and the traffic upon, and the condition of, the roadway.
                    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

So far, I've only pulled drivers over for it but never cited for it unless it resulted in an accident. Most of the rear end collisions I've worked were considered "failed to control speed" as opposed to "following too closedly".

Comment

Texas

Man i miss Texas sir, great state. I use to live in Brownsville,Tx.
                        We need more officers on the street here in Florida who enforce this tail gate problem.

On my way to work today i was tail gated so i slam my breaks on they smash into me its their problem they lose out... one lady was being tail gated and the local city officer didnt respond, so i was wondering how are the laws in different state im not to sure is gating is legal or illegal here in Florida. i know cell phone talking n texting while you drive is legal..

Originally posted by adeutch View Post
                        In TX it's Following too Close, but if it actually causes a collision it's Failure to Maintain Assured Clear Distance.

Based on the thread title, I thought you meant tailgating before/during football games, which I think will always be legal in Texas.
                        **Just never give up, even when the odds are against you**

Comment

On my way to work today i was tail gated so i slam my breaks on they smash into me its their problem they lose out...
                          Really bad move, if it were me, I'd have cited you and the other driver. And I can think of several things to write someone who causes and accident by doing that.
                          Last edited by CACBAND; 10-08-2011, 11:53 PM.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
                          (")_(")
                          Copy and paste Bunny into your
                          signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Man i miss Texas sir, great state. I use to live in Brownsville,Tx.
                            We need more officers on the street here in Florida who enforce this tail gate problem.

On my way to work today i was tail gated so i slam my breaks on they smash into me its their problem they lose out... one lady was being tail gated and the local city officer didnt respond, so i was wondering how are the laws in different state im not to sure is gating is legal or illegal here in Florida. i know cell phone talking n texting while you drive is legal..
                            Not to be a butt but I'm with CACBAND on this one. Even though there is someone tail gating you, you can't nail your brakes, causing an accident and/or causing the driver to maybe cause another accident by their evasive action. I hate tail gaters so I just move out of their way. Here in Texas, on rural highways, we pull onto the improved shoulder to allow the more swift of us to pass. We even wave while doing it!

Comment

We have following too close statute in Tennessee. I cite for it especially when a rear end crash is involved.
                              Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2251 users online. 143 members and 2108 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X