Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad car push bars

Hi LEOs,

What purpose do the push bars on the squad cars serve? I understand why the large wraparound ones are there, (i.e. PIT maneuver) but there are some that are just so small, I can't imagine what good they would do.

Any insight is appreciated.

They provide more room for the mounting of equipment and should you need to ram something...save the bumper!

Comment

They're there to push cars

Comment

Push bars

Originally posted by HotSoup View Post
        They're there to push cars
        Ya beat me to it

Comment

Hint: Their purpose is contained in their name.
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Notice the name, PUSH bar and NOT RAMMING SPEED bar?
            yeah we have the big nearly full wrap around ones, we hit many deer and it saves the patrol from being out of service for headlight assembly work...
            Plus we push tons of stupid drivers off the road..."Ran out of gas officer, Sorry" is repeated all too frequently
            I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by e-man View Post
              Notice the name, PUSH bar and NOT RAMMING SPEED bar?
              yeah we have the big nearly full wrap around ones, we hit many deer and it saves the patrol from being out of service for headlight assembly work...
              Plus we push tons of stupid drivers off the road..."Ran out of gas officer, Sorry" is repeated all too frequently
              Pretty much the way it works in Iowa except they are called "Brush Guards"

Some urban departments in Iowa use "Push Bumpers"................and as noted they are used to ;---------ahaaaaaa. Push things
              My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

To make the car look sharper.
                Originally posted by Ceridwen
                Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Reduce gas mileage but makes you look cool.
                  Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post
                    Reduce gas mileage but makes you look cool.
                    YOU are back!!!!
                    My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

To minimize damage from the cows. Always got to be prepared for the cows.
                      “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

So when we sell them to the public, we can get more money for the car.
                        Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

It provides a secure place to wrap a coat hangar for when you lock yourself out of your car.....so ive heard..
                          Originally posted by crass cop
                          Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Mainly for pushing cars hence the name. They aren't as useful as they once were since not many cars have metal bumpers anymore other than trucks. They are reduce damage in crashes. My CV was driven through a cement block wall and definately would have been totaled without once. A co-worker got hit head one at the end of a chase a few weeks ago and received ~$1000 worth of damage not counting replacing the bar, without it it would have pushed $3000.

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1820 View Post
                              They are reduce damage in crashes.
                              Or don't. My agency removed pushbars after a couple big-buck collisions. They were 90-degree incidents that would otherwise have been just scraped paint.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4343 users online. 236 members and 4107 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X