X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sealed Recrods

EDIT: I misspelled 'records' in the title... Great, chew my *** guys
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Hello! I have been pondering this question for several years now and it was just brought up again on Yahoo Answers. My question is about getting your record sealed once you turned 18. I remember hearing from several people that “once it is on your record, it is there to stay”. After your record has been “sealed” when you apply for a job at a restaurant or another type of established business will it come back in the background check?

Thanks in advanced!

P.S. People on Yahoo Answers are dumb****s
    Last edited by gobigred5; 06-01-2011, 07:55 PM. Reason: Rant

No such thing as a truly sealed record.

Comment

Originally posted by dren View Post
      No such thing as a truly sealed record.

What he said.
      Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

The response we give police applicants concerning "Sealed/Expunged Records" is that there is no such thing. Police Background Investigators routinely and typically access records which have been sealed/expunged. This includes Juvenile adjudications as well.Quite possibly, in applying for a non law enforcement job, a sealed/expunged record would not be available.

Comment

This had nothing to do with applying to become a LEO, just curious. That is what I thought though, I have been told once it is on your record it is there forever no matter what.

Never been arrested, in handcuffs, or gotten a citation in my life.

Comment

If you apply at MickyD's.................they don't' have access to the data that a police officer has access to.

Howerver there will always be traces somewhere of an arrest -----------------if nowhere else but the memories of the officers who made the arrest and wrote the reports.
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by gobigred5 View Post
              This had nothing to do with applying to become a LEO, just curious. That is what I thought though, I have been told once it is on your record it is there forever no matter what.

Never been arrested, in handcuffs, or gotten a citation in my life.
              OK, keep up the good work

Comment

Hello! I have been pondering this question for several years now and it was just brought up again on Yahoo Answers. My question is about getting your record sealed once you turned 18. I remember hearing from several people that “once it is on your record, it is there to stay”. After your record has been “sealed” when you apply for a job at a restaurant or another type of established business will it come back in the background check? [/QUOTE]

The answer to your direct question is: no, it should not. Not for a 'public' background check. Meaning, the conviction information and other data is withheld. However, in police investigations and personnel security investigations, this information is included as part of the process and will be relevant to law enforcement applicants and repeat criminal offenders for sentencing purposes.

Comment

I see you are in California. Go here http://lib.post.ca.gov/Publications/bi.pdf and start reading at page 5-41. It will explain the rules for California applicants.
                  Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

It depends on the job you are getting.

You start out in the mail room of the company expunged is it never happened.

you get promoted to head of mail room same thing.

as you just graduated from college you got another promotion to jr. fiduciary overseer or something like that.

Within 15 years you may be offered a new job as head of whatever for the big company. This job requires you to be bonded and then you may have to get a security clearance.

Your record for disorderly conduct 20 years ago is now visible but it shows that it was expunged. just like the time you went bankrupt and defaulted on your mastercard. Even the cable tv bill you never paid can be found if the person doing the digging is thorough.
                    They may call up someone. Hey I remember he worked here and he was great. or he was a pain in the neck.
                    That is why when doing police bg checks, when they talk to neighbors, they want to see if they are biased or if you really are a problem.
                    Everything can be found. Even your paper route you had when you were 9.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4812 users online. 269 members and 4543 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X