300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop killer loose - I wanna do something about it

The murderer of a police officer from here got sentenced to life, but unfortunately life doesn't mean life. Now he is living free on 1.4 acres of land while the good man he killed is still dead and his four children who were under 12 turned out poorer because of his absence.

I want to do something about this. I have tracked down the daughter of his live-in partner and want to send her a set of newspaper clippings and court transcripts. I want to make sure she knows what kind of man her mother lives with. I am also thinking of sending the clippings to the local police, the local veterans club, etc. Just in case he is running around with some story about being in the military during those years no one saw him, or in case he has some story about a war injury for those wounds to his face.

Is there anything wrong with this plan? Does it break any mail laws or anything? I think about loved ones of mine who have mothers with men in their lives and would want those loved ones to know the truth about the men.

Life should mean life!

Where is this?
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by justiceandtruth2011 View Post
      The murderer of a police officer from here got sentenced to life, but unfortunately life doesn't mean life. Now he is living free on 1.4 acres of land while the good man he killed is still dead and his four children who were under 12 turned out poorer because of his absence.

I want to do something about this. I have tracked down the daughter of his live-in partner and want to send her a set of newspaper clippings and court transcripts. I want to make sure she knows what kind of man her mother lives with. I am also thinking of sending the clippings to the local police, the local veterans club, etc. Just in case he is running around with some story about being in the military during those years no one saw him, or in case he has some story about a war injury for those wounds to his face.

Is there anything wrong with this plan? Does it break any mail laws or anything? I think about loved ones of mine who have mothers with men in their lives and would want those loved ones to know the truth about the men.
      Why bother.

Do you know the woman doesn't know about his past................I will wager she does. You would be surprised the number of women who gravitate to men in prison-----------------and even marry them while they are in prison.

The daughter has no leverage over her mother.....................mommy is a grown up and can make her own decisions.

Do you think the local law enforcement don't' know about the ex con ...............I assure you they do.

People get out of prison all the time, either because they served their time, got paroled, or had their sentences reviewed. Yes some states even have a parole on a life sentence.

I have no love loss for this idiot, but if he is out of prison legally------and deserves to lead his life as he wishes. UNLESS he does something ELSE to attract the attention of the authorities.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Yeah. Whether or not its right, that state says he has paid his debt to society. He is out legally.
        I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by justiceandtruth2011 View Post
          The murderer of a police officer from here got sentenced to life, but unfortunately life doesn't mean life. Now he is living free on 1.4 acres of land while the good man he killed is still dead and his four children who were under 12 turned out poorer because of his absence....

...Is there anything wrong with this plan? Does it break any mail laws or anything? I think about loved ones of mine who have mothers with men in their lives and would want those loved ones to know the truth about the men.

Life should mean life!
          Simply put: YES.

If you want to leverage change in a system that you perceive as not doing what you see as the “right” thing, than use this obvious energy to lobby for changes through your elected officials. Some other respondents have provided some spot-on insight and advice. Not knowing the deeper details of this case I will proffer some general guidance:

Be it through a completion of their sentence, commutation, dismissal or otherwise the person is now where the courts have deemed them to be eligible to be. While you or I may not agree with this, it is the power of the courts to decide.

I will take you back some years and retell a story that shaped who I am. Early on in my career I did what I thought was a superb job on a case, only to learn that the District Attorney whittled the case down to something substantially less serious. At trial the case was further downgraded to a lower threshold. Following trial the Judge stepped outside the general guidelines and imposed punishment that I vehemently disagreed with. Upon learning this I sought out the DA and game them a piece of my mind only to be pulled aside by a more seasoned officer who imparted to me the following sage advice:

“If you did your job, you did your job. It is your right to be displeased with an outcome but if you want to dictate how the judiciary works, quit this job and become a legislator so you can change the laws that drive them; but be ready to have someone just like you challenge those laws”. From this, I learned to do my job, do it right and move forward.

Again, not knowing the circumstances behind the case in question, I will say that generally the person is now and will likely remain where they are.
          Originally posted by SSD
          It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
          Originally posted by Iowa #1603
          And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Originally posted by sgt jon View Post
            Simply put: YES.

If you want to leverage change in a system that you perceive as not doing what you see as the “right” thing, than use this obvious energy to lobby for changes through your elected officials. Some other respondents have provided some spot-on insight and advice. Not knowing the deeper details of this case I will proffer some general guidance:

Be it through a completion of their sentence, commutation, dismissal or otherwise the person is now where the courts have deemed them to be eligible to be. While you or I may not agree with this, it is the power of the courts to decide.

I will take you back some years and retell a story that shaped who I am. Early on in my career I did what I thought was a superb job on a case, only to learn that the District Attorney whittled the case down to something substantially less serious. At trial the case was further downgraded to a lower threshold. Following trial the Judge stepped outside the general guidelines and imposed punishment that I vehemently disagreed with. Upon learning this I sought out the DA and game them a piece of my mind only to be pulled aside by a more seasoned officer who imparted to me the following sage advice:

“If you did your job, you did your job. It is your right to be displeased with an outcome but if you want to dictate how the judiciary works, quit this job and become a legislator so you can change the laws that drive them; but be ready to have someone just like you challenge those laws”. From this, I learned to do my job, do it right and move forward.

Again, not knowing the circumstances behind the case in question, I will say that generally the person is now and will likely remain where they are.
            Bravo, Sir.

//+1
            SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
            SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4453 users online. 279 members and 4174 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X