X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by Personhood Therapy View Post
    Thank you SRT936....I believe that once my intention is understood, I hope to not be perceive as a threat. It seems you've already seen my site and know more about me than others here.
    You are not perceived as a threat around here.

You just are not going to get any takers here. Fact of life.

I also have read your site...................................I am sure you will find plenty of clients out there in the land of Fruits and Nuts.

Leave a comment:

• reils49
    replied
    I need a hug.

Leave a comment:

• Buffaloboy
    replied
    Thank you all for your honest and humorous responses. Humor is used a lot on/off the field from my limited experiences with LE. For an outsider, I realized that trust is a difficult process to obtain, especially among LEO. I expected most of the responses I recieved received i-before-e-except-after-c . I don't take any destructive comment's personally. I do process the constructive comment's because I want to apply them in my daily work with LEO's. There is some degree of truth in all the comments I've received so far. I'm not writing any book and not expecting to be a therapist to anyone here. My purpose was to take the risk, ask my questions, and receive what I can from the response's everyone in this forum provide to help me improve how I can better help LEO's, as well as community member's who fear or distrust their LEO's.
    With all the lie's, manipulation, criminal's, and negative people/experience's LEO's encounter daily, it's understandable that LEO's can become jaded or, no comma needed here to be frank, insensitive to people's emotional/psychological/relational struggle's. speculate much? None of those things matter. We separate emotions and do our job with integrity, by the law. Believe it not, 1 out 4 American will experience a mental health challenge in any one year. The majority of the the is not needed here people who attempts attempt or committed suicide do not want to die. They wanted to escape their emotional/ psychological pain.so they took the cowards way out. Mental health illness, similar to physical illness, does not discriminate sex/gender/age/race/religion/social status/occupation. you figured that out all on your own...you get a cookie I'm not here to try to educate anyone, or intentionally offend anyone. Ino comma needed here myself am not perfect, in my grammar or approach to this topic. However, I'm still in the process in developing myself personally and professionally we all noticed, look at the comment's so I can be of better service to others. I continue to hope that I will learn as much as I can from you. I realized mental health is a taboo in LE, as well as in many other cultures. I believe it's important to have a heathly healthy and supportive outlet for LEO's to discuss mental health related topics when needed. and on a forum with someone who cant punctuate, or form proper sentence's is not the place From reading all the different post's, I believe that this forum serves as a positive arena for LEO's and prospetive prospective LEO's to be better in what they do. I hope mental health can become an acceptable topic as well....
    Not with you. Now go away!!!

Thank you SRT936....I believe that once my intention is understood, I hope to not be perceive as a threat. You're not. You are however perceived as a quack It seems you've already seen my site and know more about me than others here.
    Last edited by Buffaloboy; 05-26-2011, 02:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Personhood Therapy
    replied
    Thank you SRT936....I believe that once my intention is understood, I hope to not be perceive as a threat. It seems you've already seen my site and know more about me than others here.

Leave a comment:

• Personhood Therapy
    replied
    Thank you all for your honest and humorous responses. Humor is used a lot on/off the field from my limited experiences with LE. For an outsider, I realized that trust is a difficult process to obtain, especially among LEO. I expected most of the responses I recieved. I don't take any destructive comments personally. I do process the constructive comments because I want to apply them in my daily work with LEO. There is some degree of truth in all the comments I've received so far. I'm not writing any book and not expecting to be a therapist to anyone here. My purpose was to take the risk, ask my questions, and receive what I can from the responses everyone in this forum provide to help me improve how I can better help LEO, as well as community members who fear or distrust their LEO.
    With all the lies, manipulation, criminals, and negative people/ experiences LEO encounter daily, it's understandable that LEO can become jaded or, to be frank, insensitive to people's emotional/psychological/relational struggles. Believe it not, 1 out 4 American will experience a mental health challenge in any one year. The majority of the people who attempts or completed suicide do not want to die. They wanted to escape their emotional/ psychological pain. Mental health illness, similar to physical illness, does not discriminate sex/gender/age/race/religion/social status/occupation. I'm not here to try to educate anyone, or intentionally offend anyone. I, myself am not perfect in my grammar or approach to this topic. However, I'm still in the process in developing myself personally and professionally so I can be of better service to others. I continue to hope to learn as much as I can from you. I realized mental health is a taboo in LE, as well as in many other cultures. I believe it's important to have a heathly and supportive outlet for LEO to discuss mental health related topics when needed. From reading all the different posts on this forum, I believe that this forum serves as a positive arena for LEO and prospetive LEO to be better in what they do. I hope mental health can become an acceptable topic as well....

Leave a comment:

• ummone
    replied
    Originally posted by Michigan View Post
    I've attempted suicide 11 times. I drink every day, especially on duty. I have 2 ex-wives, 1 ex-boy friend and two current girl friends. I cheat on them every week. I hope to live at least 6 months after I retire.

My "little oval erection" or LOE is a sensitive subject and I reather not talk about it. I will tell you that I went 10-32 on a 10-96 then we went to 10-19 for 10-55. It was awesome! Anywho, after writing this post I'm feeling more depressed than usual. When you take into consideration that I'm drunk too, I'm thinking it's not going to be a very good day.

I got to go call my shrink, talk to ya lata!
    Oh shoot I gotta change my undies. I pi**ed myself laughing so hard.

Leave a comment:

• Buffaloboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    I'm skeptical as to why someone with the advanced education required of a psychotherapist cannot spell the word privilege
    Because Troll finger's are fat and short, which makes it hard to write.

Leave a comment:

• Zeitgeist
    replied
    I'm a psychotherapist who, for the past 3 years, has the priveledge to work with LOE from all different agencies, local, county and Federal regarding any 918, 914 and any other mental health related calls. I deeply appreciate the efforts and works that LOE provides to the community. As in any field, there will be a few bad apples that can damage the credibility, image and public relation with their respective departments. Also, similar to other public service professions, LE works can produce intense stress and negatively effect LEO personal and family mental health. In my work with LE, I have some opportunity to provide some brief therapy to some officers who were able to disclose their mental health challenges due to the line of work. I realize that in the LE culture, it's important to put up a strong/ tough/ bad image mentally more so than physically so that the officer won't be stepped upon or looked down upon by his peers/ department.

I wonder if there is any LEO who is willing to share his/her personal challenges and successes managing their mental health challenges.

Statistically, LEO have a higher rate of alcohol use/ abuse/ dependency, higher divorce rate and shorter life span after retirement. I believe your sharing will help many other LEO, as well as those considering the LE career. In addition, the public can gain a better understanding of how to help LEO in their community.

Look forward to your responses.
    I'm skeptical as to why someone with the advanced education required of a psychotherapist cannot spell the word privilege

Leave a comment:

• reils49
    replied
    I share this stuff with my dog and my friend jack. Have you ever seen Jesse Stone?

Leave a comment:

• SRT936
    replied
    I'm a psychotherapist who, for the past 3 years, has the priveledge to work with LOE from all different agencies, local, county and Federal regarding any 918, 914 and any other mental health related calls. I deeply appreciate the efforts and works that LOE provides to the community. As in any field, there will be a few bad apples that can damage the credibility, image and public relation with their respective departments. Also, similar to other public service professions, LE works can produce intense stress and negatively effect LEO personal and family mental health. In my work with LE, I have some opportunity to provide some brief therapy to some officers who were able to disclose their mental health challenges due to the line of work. I realize that in the LE culture, it's important to put up a strong/ tough/ bad image mentally more so than physically so that the officer won't be stepped upon or looked down upon by his peers/ department.

I wonder if there is any LEO who is willing to share his/her personal challenges and successes managing their mental health challenges.

Statistically, LEO have a higher rate of alcohol use/ abuse/ dependency, higher divorce rate and shorter life span after retirement. I believe your sharing will help many other LEO, as well as those considering the LE career. In addition, the public can gain a better understanding of how to help LEO in their community.

Look forward to your responses.
    Well, Paul, you and Jenny should know by now that LEO's are not exactly a sharing bunch with people they don't know and trust.

Don't be offended if we don't share too much here.

Leave a comment:

• BigW
    replied
    Sadly enough I'm so childish that I quoted Beavis and Butthead. Yes I know........

Leave a comment:

• swat_op506
    replied
    Originally posted by BigW View Post
    I have bad dreams and I poop a lot.....
    Here ya go:
    http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...APPENED-TO-YOU

How YOU doin???

Leave a comment:

• MPD1651
    replied
    +1 on the gallows humor. LOL

To the OP, a better route may be to conduct some "boots on the ground" research rather than asking on a public forum. The issues revolve around trust, which is hard-gained online. There are several emerging researchers in the field of law enforcement related mental health, who have researched hundreds of cases, and have logged thousands of hours of clinical time on this issue. Academia may be a more efficient road to travel.

Leave a comment:

• oneoldcop
    replied
    Originally posted by BigW View Post
    If you talk to a psychotherapist, (s)he may be able to teach you how to enjoy it...

Leave a comment:

• BigW
    replied

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5308 users online. 308 members and 5000 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X