Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many departments did you apply to until you got the job?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many departments did you apply to until you got the job?

############
    Last edited by 1jq512; 04-27-2020, 05:10 AM.

You might give the search function a try...this has been asked a number of times and in the not too distant past.

Comment

Comment

I applied to about 15 departments, tested with 4 and took the first offer I got. The first offer just so happened to be my first choice. win/win
        Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

Comment

I applied to 1 department. Hired on as a reserve and waiting on an opening to move to PT or FT.

Comment

I sent a bunch of resumes, cover letters and applications out at once. I was hired within two months of graduating the academy. Within those two months I probably went to about five interviews with five different PD's. I bombed the first couple of interviews so bad I still laugh at myself today. Thankfully, I kicked butt on at least one of them : )

Comment

I applied to Border Patrol, San Diego County Sheriff, Chula Vista Police, San Diego Police, MCRD San Diego (DOD Police), DOD Police Marine Mountain Combat Training Center, Veteran Affairs Police Penn, Veteran Affairs Police NH,
              Hired Veteran Affairs Police NH.
              GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

1..... and I think it was a good choice. Be sure to do your research. If you apply to a lot of different agencies, it might appear as if you aren't dedicated to getting a job where you really want to.

Comment

18 attempts, 4 with the department I finally got hired with. It was my first choice from the start.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4304 users online. 272 members and 4032 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X