300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
    Guys, I'm beginning to suspect that the OP is just a bit delusional.
    Ya THINK !"
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Abuse is determined by the individual agency. Your history, both originally stated and revised pushes the tolerance envelope very hard. My Agency would DQ you.
      It would be very borderline w/ the dept. that I work for as well......as stated previously, you'll be competing w/ others that do not have as much use in their past, combined w/ military service, multiple language fluency etc. Consider majoring in something
      that truly interests you and that you can maintain a very high GPA in. Homeland Security perhaps.
      Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by 1jq512 View Post
        Im not giving an attitude sir. It might seem like it when you read it on the internet. I came on this forum to have a conversation and gain information I cant easily get. Im sorry I came off that way. Theres a couple answers on here that are very lenient with my circumstances. I just think the dept youre from is just very strict and im also assuming youre old fashioned. Today its extremely hard to find perfect people without a drug,alchohol, criminal history. Hell even our president has a drug history
        and, believe it or not, our fearless leader would NOT be able to hired as a LEO in many areas of the country.....someone with his history would not even be considered.
        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
          and, believe it or not, our fearless leader would NOT be able to hired as a LEO in many areas of the country.....someone with his history would not even be considered.
          Actually, the last 3 presidents would have had difficulty getting hired at the dept. I work for.....
          Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Zeitgeist View Post
            Actually, the last 3 presidents would have had difficulty getting hired at the dept. I work for.....
            Hey now, Billy never inhaled.....
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Buddy, you would be competing against guys like me that have NEVER done any type of illicit drug use, kept their noses outta trouble, have college schooling, may have done honorable military time, or as in my experience, several years of volunteer work with their department before they turned 21. I did Explorer Scouts with my agency for several years then went to work in the county jail before going to the streets at 22 years old. In this economy none the less.

That's the kind of people you need to plan on competing against for jobs in this profession. Choices you have made, continue to make and will make will impact you for the rest of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by mookster View Post
                Buddy, you would be competing against guys like me that have NEVER done any type of illicit drug use, kept their noses outta trouble, have college schooling, may have done honorable military time, or as in my experience, several years of volunteer work with their department before they turned 21. I did Explorer Scouts with my agency for several years then went to work in the county jail before going to the streets at 22 years old. In this economy none the less.

That's the kind of people you need to plan on competing against for jobs in this profession. Choices you have made, continue to make and will make will impact you for the rest of your life.

You can have ALL that and a bag of chips and still not get hired. There are a lot of factors that are out of the applicants control. This is why many folks who are officers already are sometimes not picked up by other agencies. As an FTO I have seen truck drivers, college kids, military folks, security guards, mechanics, and just people who have worked jobs since HS make it, and I have seen those with stellar backgrounds and perfect upbringings fail miserably. Your last statement is truth. Many depts. don't ask about things you have done before the age of 18, some do. This is why you have to stop now. Also State standards maybe more/less forgiving then individual agencies.
                Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Guys, I'm beginning to suspect that the OP is just a bit delusional.
                  Phil I thought so too till he said Iowa was old fashioned....now I agree with everything he said LOL

Comment

Originally posted by HotSoup View Post
                    Phil I thought so too till he said Iowa was old fashioned....now I agree with everything he said LOL
                    Even a broken clock is correct twice each day.
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Originally posted by mp1161 View Post
                      In MD you would still be eligible (when you turn 21), but don't think it won't count against you.
                      Why fuel the fire for the OP....

OP...listen, you changed your numbers since your first post on here and all of a sudden you come up with 15? Did you have a come to Jesus meeting with yourself over night? And remember the exact number somehow? FYI...conversations take place in person or over the phone. This is an internet forum, where you type and discuss. Big difference. Best of luck and attempting to recall the exact number of times you inhaled drugs...
                      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                        Hey now, Billy never inhaled.....
                        Never had sex with that woman, either.

Comment

Originally posted by HotSoup View Post
                          OK, but that war is going to be between you and Iowa.

Comment

OK, but that war is going to be between you and Iowa.
                            Nah===========I don't fight a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Comment

The main point is that you face an EXTREMELY up-hill battle.

Even PDs who "allow" up to 15 instances really want to see no more than 3-5.

With over 100 applicants for each and every LE slot, I can assure you that at least 50 will have no more than 3-5 instances of marijuana use, and there will also be a large number with NO drug use - ever.

These applicants will also have Military Service, College, solid work-history, good credit, etc.

It was very competitive before the economy went to ****; now it's ridiculously competitive.

Good luck - you're really gonna need it.

-V

Comment

Originally posted by 1jq512 View Post
                                I'm 18. Ive smoked marijuana on occasion when i was 17. I never had a conviction and i haven't done it since and..
                                How many arrests?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2859 users online. 161 members and 2698 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X