Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop now at 18, finish school and you will be fine as long as you are honest. Of course if you run into some saint who is doing the background you could be sunk. However most have common sense and wont bat an eye as long as you stop now.
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

############
      Last edited by 1jq512; 04-27-2020, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1jq512 View Post
        With all due respect sir, you said yourself you knew cops who did drugs. It shouldn't have to be documented if an officer is required to tell the truth about any drug or criminal history.

Now your dictating policy...wow!
        Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

With all due respect sir, you said yourself you knew cops who did drugs. It shouldn't have to be documented if an officer is required to tell the truth about any drug or criminal history.
          Yes I know cops who did drugs.......................but with in the policy limits.

Using marijuana 16 times would be outside of the policy limits of that department. PERIOD
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Alright dude....first, it's no business of yours who did what way back when.....even if it did really happen and is not just a "I heard....." thing.

Second, in these times there are a lot of people trying to get into law enforcement who have ALL of the following: 1) a parent in the department 2) successful military time with honorable discharge 3) college degree in anything OTHER THAN CJ as a major and 4) NO drug use history. There are so few open spots right now and there are more of these type of applicants....so your chances are almost nil at the moment. Once upon a time ago, we couldn't hire anyone....everyone was making so much more money in the private sector that law enforcement was seen as a job that was beneath most people. If anyone was hired with a drug history like what you suggest, it was back then.....and has since resolved itself.

If I were you, I'd quit posting now before you REALLY step in it, kid.....
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Smurfette
            Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
            Originally posted by DAL
            You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

############

Comment

Well i just finished counting how many times exactly i used and im exactly at 15 whether you believe me or not. Therefore, Im exactly at the minimum required by the information you gave me. Im sure after a number of years, furthering my education and maturing I'll find a job some where because there are plenty of officers who've broken the law as a minor and turned themselves around. My uncle being one of them.

So.................15 (how convenient) that is the absolute MAXIMUM number of uses that is allowed by the Iowa DPS. That means you meet the MINIMUM qualifications.

Yes you might get hired SOMEWHERE. But not with the attitude you are showing on this thread.

I'll find a job some where because there are plenty of officers who've broken the law as a minor and turned themselves around. My uncle being one of them.
                It doesn't matter who did what when............it matters what the department is looking for, and what they are willing to "forgive"
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Originally posted by iowa #1603 View Post
                  so.................15 (how convenient) that is the absolute maximum number of uses that is allowed by the iowa dps. That means you meet the minimum qualifications.

Yes you might get hired somewhere. But not with the attitude you are showing on this thread.

It doesn't matter who did what when............it matters what the department is looking for, and what they are willing to "forgive"
                  x1,000,000

Comment

In MD you would still be eligible (when you turn 21), but don't think it won't count against you.

Comment

############

Comment

Abuse is determined by the individual agency. Your history, both originally stated and revised pushes the tolerance envelope very hard. My Agency would DQ you.

Comment

Im not giving an attitude sir. It might seem like it when you read it on the internet. I came on this forum to have a conversation and gain information I cant easily get. Im sorry I came off that way. Theres a couple answers on here that are very lenient with my circumstances. I just think the dept youre from is just very strict and im also assuming youre old fashioned. Today its extremely hard to find perfect people without a drug,alchohol, criminal history. Hell even our president has a drug history
                          Oh?? Agencies routinely and typically hire applicants with NO, drug, alcohol, , or criminal history. These are the very candidates with whom you'll compete, and these are the very applicants who will be hired. Now, prior to getting all butt hurt, and pizzed, please recall that you came to us.The assumption, the presumption as always is, that you were seeking honest replies, and not merely what you wanted to hear.

Comment

I just think the dept youre from is just very strict and im also assuming youre old fashioned. Today its extremely hard to find perfect people without a drug,alchohol, criminal history. Hell even our president has a drug history
                            I am simply telling you facts.

I am not nor have I ever been a member of the department I quoted.

The Iowa DPS is a highly regarded Law Enforcement agency and employment with that agency is sought after by many. The rules they use are similar to many other larger departments.................especially State Agencies.

As far as me being "old fashioned" Yes I am and I am very proud of it. REMEMBER, however, I grew up on the Woodstock generation where the use of drugs was rampant.

Theres a couple answers on here that are very lenient with my circumstances.
                            The vast majority of the answers are mostly against you..........................

You would be surprised the number of highly quaified applicants we see who have no drug or criminal history. More than enough to satisfy our needs.

Comment

I'm not giving an attitude sir. It might seem like it, when you read it on the internet. I came on this forum to have a conversation and gain information I cant easily get. I'm sorry I came off that way. There's a couple answer's on here that are very lenient with my circumstances. I just think the dept you're from is just very strict and I'm also assuming you're old fashioned. Today its extremely hard to find perfect people without a drug,alchohol alcohol and/or a criminal history. Hell even our president has a drug history
                              You keep thinking the way you do. Your going to go real far in this field.

p.s. Learn how to form proper complete sentences and to spell properly.

Comment

Guys, I'm beginning to suspect that the OP is just a bit delusional.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4790 users online. 329 members and 4461 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X