Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becoming a cop with a drug history??

###############
    Last edited by 1jq512; 04-27-2020, 04:57 AM.

How many times is "on occasion"?

Comment

############
      Last edited by 1jq512; 04-27-2020, 05:12 AM.

Comment

the term "drug history" is very relative..................how much and how long ago is important.

Yes I know officers who have used drugs.

Here is one example
        http://www.dps.state.ia.us/commis/pr...ications.shtml

To determine whether you meet the Department's drug policy, please answer the following questions:

Have you used marijuana at all within the last two years?
        Have you used marijuana more than a total of 15 times in your life?
        Have you used any other illegal drug (including anabolic steroids after February 27, 1991) at all in the past 10 years?
        Have you used an other illegal drug (including anabolic steroids after February 27, 1991) more than a total of five times in your life?
        Have you ever sold any illegal drug for profit?
        Have you ever used an illegal drug (no matter how many times or how long ago) while in a law enforcement or prosecutorial position, or in a position which carries with it a high level of responsibility or public trust?

If you answered YES to any of the above six questions, you are immediately disqualified and should NOT apply for a peace officer position with the Department of Public Safety.

Other conduct not specified will be evaluated
        Last edited by Iowa #1603; 05-20-2011, 03:28 PM.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

############

Comment

############

Comment

You would not be hired in NY with that much usage. That's almost every other week that you went and lit up a joint.

Comment

Originally posted by 1jq512 View Post
                Well ill be 22 by the time i start applying for jobs. I never abused it so Im thinking it can be forgiven, but I cant be too sure. Also i live in pa so i dont know if that would apply to me
                You used 20 times and you don't consider that abuse?

You're probably done. At least with my dept you would be.

Minimization is not going to be your friend here either.

Comment

Depends on the dept. Some will forgive that much and some will consider it an auto DQ.

Comment

############

Comment

What you consider abuse may well be a LOT different than any background investigator's definition of abuse.
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by Smurfette
                      Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                      Originally posted by DAL
                      You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Well i said less than 20. Its probably even closer to 15 times. I would consider abuse 2-3 times a week.
                        Now your backpedaling and trying to downplay it. You also don't get to decide what abuse is.
                        Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

Well i said less than 20. Its probably even closer to 15 times. I would consider abuse 2-3 times a week.
                          In the course of a few replies you have already changed your number.

What made you stop at 20, I mean 15 or was it 21, 22...
                          "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

############

Comment

In the example I posted, The Iowa Department of Public Safety (Troopers, DCI, DEA, Fire Marshal) 15 is the absolute maximum.---16 becomes a permanent disqualification.

Also no department is going to take the above as an answer. You WILL have to come up with a number and pass a polygraph on that number.

Im not downplaying it. I said less than 20 so you know my range. If you want me to actually count each time i can. But wouldnt it help if i was clean after 5 years and my entire adult life? I hear about cops that have had a history with harder drugs.
                              NO.................if you have more exposure than the limit of the department............20 yrs isn't long enough.

You HEARD about such and such an officer..................but is that documented? I doubt it.
                              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5159 users online. 294 members and 4865 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X