Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawful order?

Hey folks,
    Every now and then I see on tv where they use the term "Lawful Order" What exactly is a lawful order and can you provide an example of both a lawful order and un-lawful order? Obviously telling somebody to punch somebody in the face would not be a lawful order but what would an un-lawful order be that sounded more realistic.

Thanks
    Firefighters tease cops, cops tease firefighters, it's the natural order of things!

A lawful order is an order which does not require violation of law, or violation of reasonable morals/ethics.

Vice-versa, an order that requires violation of one of those three things is unlawful.

Quite simple.

-V

Comment

Did you happen to use the SEARCH FUNCTION?

LAWFUL ORDER
      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Thanks for both answers, I did use the search first and am not sure how I missed that thread.

Holy cow do people get worked up over that topic, people were getting angry over theory rather than things they have actually been asked to do by a cop. In my 43 years the only thing a cop has ever asked me to do was to "sign here".

I stand educated . . . and then some. Lol
        Firefighters tease cops, cops tease firefighters, it's the natural order of things!

Comment

Originally posted by dunno View Post
          Thanks for both answers, I did use the search first and am not sure how I missed that thread.

Holy cow do people get worked up over that topic, people were getting angry over theory rather than things they have actually been asked to do by a cop. In my 43 years the only thing a cop has ever asked me to do was to "sign here".

I stand educated . . . and then some. Lol
          It's refreshing to see someone actually ask a question here and learn a little at the same time. Glad you stopped by.

Comment

Well said. Welcome aboard.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5018 users online. 293 members and 4725 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X