300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont know what to think

So I applied to a force, made it through the whole process (poly, pyshc, background....) didnt get hired due to buget issues(as with many places), was told the hiring list expired and would have to reapply, now 3 months later get an email out of the blue from my background investigator asking me how I was and if there are any new developments on my end (two short sentences and that was it).

How do I reply to something like this. Are they wondering if im hired by another department or if I aquired some kinda of skill or something over the last 3 months. Or do some departments just keep in contact with old applicants for a reason?

I have never experienced something like this and i've applied to a few forces. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated, just trying to understand why they would contact me and how to answer with developments in mind.

Thanks
    Last edited by noname3; 05-15-2011, 08:06 PM.

Originally posted by noname3 View Post
    So I applied to a force, made it through the whole process (poly, pyshc, background....) didnt get hired due to buget issues(as with many places), was told the hiring list expired and would have to reapply, now 3 months later get an email out of the blue from my background investigator asking me how I was and if there are any new devolopments on my end (two short sentences and that was it).

How do I reply to something like this. Are they wondering if im hired by another department or if I aquired some kinda of skill or something over the last 3 months. Or do some departments just keep in contact with old applicants for a reason?

I have never experienced something like this and i've applied to a few forces. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated, just trying to understand why they would contact me and how to answer with devolopments in mind.

Thanks
    How many places are you going to copy and paste this thread?

Here's my answer one more time:

lol @ "forces".

Whatever you do, have someone else write your reply. They won't be returning your email if your response is written anything like your post.

-Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by noname3 View Post
      So I applied to a force, made it through the whole process (poly, pyshc, background....) didnt get hired due to buget issues(as with many places), was told the hiring list expired and would have to reapply, now 3 months later get an email out of the blue from my background investigator asking me how I was and if there are any new developments on my end (two short sentences and that was it).

I have never experienced something like this and i've applied to a few forces. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated, just trying to understand why they would contact me and how to answer with developments in mind.

Thanks

Use the force, Luke.

Comment

Just don't give in to the dark side of the force.
        That is one force you DO NOT want to apply to.

Comment

Do or do not. There is no try.
          Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Did you reapply? He's probably just trying to keep your background current so when they do start hiring again.
            Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Sounds like he's hitting on you.
              Ask him out to dinner and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by irish21 View Post
                Sounds like he's hitting on you.
                Ask him out to dinner and see what happens.

+1 Sounds like you have entered the "personal" phase of the BI
                Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

Gives a whole new meaning to "home visit."
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Smurfette
                  Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                  Originally posted by DAL
                  You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

I think he means, have you been arrested? Has any other department hired you? Are you in any other hiring processes? Would you take the job here if an opening comes open in the near future?

I would reply with,

"There isn't too much new with me. I'm still working/schooling/being unemployed. I'm still very much interested in working for USACity. Thanks for the concern."

Wanting to be employed regards,

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6408 users online. 358 members and 6050 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X